Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP language requirement

• 12-09-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I am a student currently in 6th year. I have been doing the LCVP program but I think there might be a bit of a problem.

I was looking here and it states that I must do a language class to be able to do it (because I don't do a modern European language nor Irish due to an exemption) Just to be clear on the situation - I called the national coordinator of the LCVP program up and she stated that I must do the language class, just as the website said.

I told my LCVP teacher this and gave him the number so he could just check up on the situation for himself. I came back to him the next day and he told me that he passed the information on the principal and that's it! He seems pretty adamant to me staying in the class.

Now while I did enjoy the activities we did in 5th year, whats the point of me doing it if I don't qualify for it? I could be doing study classes instead.

I don't want to get on the teachers bad books as he is one of the only teachers that I get really along with :o

Any advice on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Well, if you don't have a language, as far as I know you can't do it then. No exceptions. Just move to a study class, no point wasting your time in LCVP then.

Advertisement