Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Product for frizzy hair

• 12-09-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I need a product for frizzy hair. I get breakout on my skin very easily so I need something that will not block pores.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

nicky clarke hair serum or try a hair relaxer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Every serum I used gave me spots so I'll never buy one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I use Frizz Ease products which work great on my hair. I use the heat protector hair serum- I don't get why you say it gives you spots because it's for your hair, not your skin?

I've recently started using VO5 shampoo and conditioner too which have done wonder for my hair- before I started using them My hair was like a big bush, less so now :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I find the VO5 miracle concentrate great for keeping frizz at bay, I also swear by the VO5 gloss me smoothly shampoo and conditioner.

ICANN wrote: »
    I use Frizz Ease products which work great on my hair. I use the heat protector hair serum- I don't get why you say it gives you spots because it's for your hair, not your skin?

I've recently started using VO5 shampoo and conditioner too which have done wonder for my hair- before I started using them My hair was like a big bush, less so now :-)

It does. Why?

Because it can get transfered onto my skin. For example when I wash my hair in the morning and put in serum I might touching my hair through out the day and then maybe touch my skin. Also When I sleep the serum ends up on my pillow and my face often touched the pillow.

Obviously if I have noticed that I get spots EVERY TIME I use serum or any other oil based hair product then it is some how getting transfered to me skin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mood wrote: »
    It does. Why?

Because it can get transfered onto my skin. For example when I wash my hair in the morning and put in serum I might touching my hair through out the day and then maybe touch my skin. Also When I sleep the serum ends up on my pillow and my face often touched the pillow.

Obviously if I have noticed that I get spots EVERY TIME I use serum or any other oil based hair product then it is some how getting transfered to me skin.

Sounds like you are using way too much serum, I wouldn't use more than a 20c sized blob of it, and I wash my hands straight away so it doesn't go on my clothes etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I need a product for frizzy hair. I get breakout on my skin very easily so I need something that will not block pores.

Thanks
    Coconut oil is good. Don't use too much though or hair looks greasy

Stheno wrote: »
    Sounds like you are using way too much serum, I wouldn't use more than a 20c sized blob of it, and I wash my hands straight away so it doesn't go on my clothes etc

No. I've only ever used a pea size amount. I am just prone to outbreaks and need oil free products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Stheno wrote: »

No. I've only ever used a pea size amount. I am just prone to outbreaks and need oil free products.

I highly recommend Morrocan oil 100ml costs €38 but it will last you literally months! I do know someone who gets spots on the top of their back from using it so they use orofluido and don't get any spots! It costs around €20ish euro for 100ml and again will last you months. If you really want to stay away from oils maybe you should look at the shampoo and conditioner used? I also find Morrocan oil hairspray a lifesaver for humidity. My hair can have a mind of its own!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I find L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil good and not greasy at all

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    I highly recommend Morrocan oil 100ml costs €38 but it will last you literally months! I do know someone who gets spots on the top of their back from using it so they use orofluido and don't get any spots! It costs around €20ish euro for 100ml and again will last you months. If you really want to stay away from oils maybe you should look at the shampoo and conditioner used? I also find Morrocan oil hairspray a lifesaver for humidity. My hair can have a mind of its own!!

I've tried loads of shampoo and conditioners and they don't help. I'm looking for a oil free styling product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Millem wrote: »

I've tried loads of shampoo and conditioners and they don't help. I'm looking for a oil free styling product.

The only thing I can think of is a smoothing balm type product http://www.feelunique.com/p/Joico-K-Pak-Smoothing-Balm-200ml
    Or have you tried frizz ease 3 day straight?
    http://www.johnfrieda.ie/ProductDetail/Hair-Care/Frizz-Ease/3-Day-Straight-Semi-Permanent-Styling-Spray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭lisa_eire

+1 for the john frieda 3 day straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Man i deleted my whole reply..Anywho people are ye not listening to the lady..No oil products I am still giggling at that no one seems to be listening..

So back have you tried the good old vinegar or egg..Just google ways to do it, i knew a girl who used vinegar all the time and her hair was so so shiny and frizz free.

Another is if you have any face cream anything that does suit you just use a little of this on your hair..Just a very small bit so it doesnt look greasy.

No i havent tried the shampoos here but i have tried all the facial products and find them great..It is all natural LIz Earle might be worth a shoot

Milly33 wrote: »
    Man i deleted my whole reply..Anywho people are ye not listening to the lady..No oil products I am still giggling at that no one seems to be listening..

So back have you tried the good old vinegar or egg..Just google ways to do it, i knew a girl who used vinegar all the time and her hair was so so shiny and frizz free.

Another is if you have any face cream anything that does suit you just use a little of this on your hair..Just a very small bit so it doesnt look greasy.

No i havent tried the shampoos here but i have tried all the facial products and find them great..It is all natural LIz Earle might be worth a shoot

I know :rolleyes:

I think people who don't get breakouts just don't get it. Oil based products will cause LOADS OF SPOTS. I know from experience.

I'll try vinegar. Should I use a particular type?

Ah tis mad, I was in knots, thinking how many times do you have to say no oil.

Finding good products to suit a perticular things like spots and all that goes is very hard.

My friend used to use the stuff you buy in the shop white vinegar, dark I think is fine if you have darker hair..

I just googles there and found this

"
    Aside from being a kitchen essential vinegar is also a dynamo in the beauty department. Applied externally, vinegar has long been used to make hair silky and lustrous. And contrary to intuition, it doesn’t leave a lingering waft of vinegar with each shimmy of your shiny mane.

You can use white distilled vinegar, but unfiltered raw apple cider vinegar contains the “mother” of vinegar. The mother occurs naturally as strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules and is a rich source of probiotics. Vinegars containing the mother contain enzymes and minerals that other vinegars probably do not contain due to overprocessing, filtration and overheating.

Vinegar works to restore luster by removing build up from other hair products. It leaves hair smooth and silky and is said by many to remove tangles. Depending on your hair type, you may want to use it once weekly, or as often as three times weekly. It may cause minimal dryness to hair, so some people like to condition first, then use a vinegar rinse. To make a vinegar rinse, add 1 cup vinegar to 2 cups warm water and work into hair"

It did mention adding a bit of essential oil if you like but I took that out for you.. Try it out for a bit sure and see what happens cant see it doing any damage, thinking about it im going to give it a blast at the weekend too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Would this be okay for coloured hair?

Not too sure you would want to google it to make sure. I started using it there at the weekend and it didnt do anything to mine. I use a red colour in my hair but tis nearly at the end of the colour now

Just thought sure ask any hairdresser I am sure they would tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I don't know if it's oily or what but I use a VO5 spray - Smoothly Does It - and it works well. It's not a serum so it's not heavy on the hair, doesnt make it greasy and as I'm always wary as well, doesn't give me spots etc on my forehead or top of my back. It's nice and light and cos it's a spray I just make sure to hold a hand shielding my face, in case. Would definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement