Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help with a cute name for a Personalised Print Business?

Options
  • 12-09-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am a Graphic Designer and I want to branch out into another area of business, basically selling framed prints that are personalised. They would be ideal gifts for new baby's, birthdays, wedding gifts etc.

I know what kind of look I would like for the company, I was thinking I would like to go with a pretty, cute, shabby chic, vintage type feel/look for the business. My main aim would be for people looking for baby gifts but I don't just want to target the business at baby gifts because there is so much more I could do, there are endless possibilities, so I don't really want to use the work baby in the name. However, I wouldn't have a problem going with a girly feel as I think it will be mainly women I will be aiming at.

I want to set up website with an online store but would also like to sell them locally. I like the idea of using the words company, factory or studio at the end of the name. eg: The Pretty Print Company. I think this gives a kind of home made, cottage industry feel. I work for myself from home, all of the designs will be designed and printed here at home by me! The frames will come from a local supplier.

I have a list of names I have already come up with but would love to hear everyone else's ideas.
    Thanks so much for your time in helping me to do this, much appreciated. x

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

splash123 wrote: »
    I am a Graphic Designer and I want to branch out into another area of business, basically selling framed prints that are personalised. They would be ideal gifts for new baby's, birthdays, wedding gifts etc.

I know what kind of look I would like for the company, I was thinking I would like to go with a pretty, cute, shabby chic, vintage type feel/look for the business. My main aim would be for people looking for baby gifts but I don't just want to target the business at baby gifts because there is so much more I could do, there are endless possibilities, so I don't really want to use the work baby in the name. However, I wouldn't have a problem going with a girly feel as I think it will be mainly women I will be aiming at.

I want to set up website with an online store but would also like to sell them locally. I like the idea of using the words company, factory or studio at the end of the name. eg: The Pretty Print Company. I think this gives a kind of home made, cottage industry feel. I work for myself from home, all of the designs will be designed and printed here at home by me! The frames will come from a local supplier.

I have a list of names I have already come up with but would love to hear everyone else's ideas.

Hot 1930's style woman with ciggy in mouth and machine gun as logo

Name of business "You've been framed"

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

fraMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I would stay away from cutesy, if you want to have a wider market appeal. For instance I might like to have one of my favourite dog/classic car/boat etc.

Picures are memories, so think along the lines "Your Memory Gallery", " Memories Immortalised" "Personal Wall Art Co" " Magic Moments Forever"... you get the idea¬!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

iPrint4U

Take it with my blessing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

From experience, try use something that you like already. So for example if you like ripe pears, then call it the Ripe Pear Printing Factory, or whatever.

You're going for the personalised designery market, so having a clever web sounding name won't really cut it. Put some of you into the name.

Also, you're going to look at it everyday and type it out a million times so don't just think that it's just a name. You want to be confident when you call and leave the company name, not cringing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 growmyfans

splash123 wrote: »

what about "the photobarn"...catchy, fun and the barn could be marketed as a barn with its front door bulging with the different products you sell. rather than marketing your brand and barn idea as being corporate...you could have your website/marketing material designed in a more fun/cartoonish style...make the site interactive by incorporating some barn themed game which kids could play for free. set up your facebook/twitter pages advertising your game at kids and products at adults....I could keep going on but I think you get my drift. Hope you like the name and good luck with your new venture ;)

Advertisement