Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty TV

Options
  • 12-09-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

So I got myself new TV in one of the biggest Irish electronics shops.
    One day I noticed vibration during listening to bass tones in movies or music. In some cases it makes a movie almost unwatchable. Sounds like part of a case is vibrating along with speakers. Very frustrating actually.

I went back to the shop hoping to have my TV replaced, but after some checks I was told that this is normal in this model. Their point was that another copy of the same model is making the same noises, and therefore no warranty or refund applies here. I left my TV in shop, they gave me an option that the TV could be checked by their engineers to see if they could fix the problem. Not much hope here since this is manufacturer problem.

I'm obviously not happy with the TV and I want to get another model. Do you think there is any way I can get my money back or have my TV replaced here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

In my completely uninformed opinion, it is irrelevant that other similar TVs behave in this manner. If the one you have is unfit for purpose, there's your argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Turn bass down?

Advertisement