Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get a letter from DIT recently re unpaid tuition fees 2011/12

Options
  • 12-09-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Got a letter from DIT there yesterday saying I had outstanding tuition fees of €1819 despite CDVEC saying they were covering me for last year. Spoke to fees and income and met one of the guys in registrations today and said there are about 30 in the same boat as me. Anyone else get one of these letters which is preventing you from registering for 2nd year. 

Is a sickener to be getting news like this so late after they saying they were going to pay for me. Have requested the help of DITSU so hopefully I can this sorted out ASAP. Anyone got any advice on how to get round this. I have contacted SUSI/CDVEC and they seem to be washing there hands of the responsibility while DIT fees an income are just saying the few has to be paid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭michelleling

Got a letter from DIT there yesterday saying I had outstanding tuition fees of €1819 despite CDVEC saying they were covering me for last year. Spoke to fees and income and met one of the guys in registrations today and said there are about 30 in the same boat as me. Anyone else get one of these letters which is preventing you from registering for 2nd year.

Is a sickener to be getting news like this so late after they saying they were going to pay for me. Have requested the help of DITSU so hopefully I can this sorted out ASAP. Anyone got any advice on how to get round this. I have contacted SUSI/CDVEC and they seem to be washing there hands of the responsibility while DIT fees an income are just saying the few has to be paid.

What course are you studying and how much is your tuition fee?

You know that SUSI/CDVEC have a maximum amount of tuition fee that they can pay on your behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Chinese and International Business.

1819 euro is what DIT are looking for 2011/12 academic year. I have an email from CDVEC from saying that would pay the full amount (tuition fees and student contribution charge). Don't understand why they are now changing their mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭michelleling

Chinese and International Business.

1819 euro is what DIT are looking for 2011/12 academic year. I have an email from CDVEC from saying that would pay the full amount (tuition fees and student contribution charge). Don't understand why they are now changing their mind.

1819 plus student contribution charge are meant to be paid by them. Have you ring them to find out exactly what the problem is?

Maybe they have paid it already but isn't recognised by your college? Ring them and find out

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kingf1sher

I`m having the same problem.

I received the letter on Monday. Like you CDVEC confirmed that I had qualified for the fees only grant. I dropped this confirmation into the Registrations Department where a lady took it off me and supplied me with a photocopy of it as she needed the original. She then told me I had nothing more to worry about as DIT would invoice CDVEC and they would pay my fees. All sorted you might think, but no I received this letter too.

After making enquiries over the last couple of days, it turns out this lady in the Registrations office was mistaken. She should have supplied with an Acceptance Form called Provisional Maintenance Grant Acceptance Form 11-12 (Fees Only) which was to be filled out and returned to the CDVEC to finalise the application.

DIT, this morning, have supplied me with this form and I have since completed it and sent in on. But the email also states that

"Even though you received a fees only grant with no maintenance payments , if these forms are not completed the liability for the capitation fee will revert to you (2,000.00), so please complete the attached form and return as a matter of urgency".

I hope that the CDVEC now accepts this form at such a late stage as I will not be held responsible for the incompetence of one uninformed member of the Registratin Staff. I must add that usually the staff in Registrations are extremely helpful and capable of doing their job, but to hear that this has happened to at least 30 people is unacceptable.

Advertisement