Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebrew Competition: Twisted Pepper, 28 October

Options
  • 12-09-2012 7:51pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads-up that the Twisted Pepper on Abbey Street in Dublin is holding a homebrew competition on 28 October, open to all. More details as I get it -- I'm going to be a judge at it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

BeerNut wrote: »
    Just a heads-up that the Twisted Pepper on Abbey Street in Dublin is holding a homebrew competition on 28 October, open to all. More details as I get it -- I'm going to be a judge at it.

Any info on this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Still throwing together details with the organisers. More news when I have it.

Just got some more details about this.

As I said, it'll be held at The Twisted Pepper (54 Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1) at 7pm on Sunday 28th October. Competitors should bring their entries along with them at that time: 2 litres or 6x33cl bottles, clearly labelled.

Prior to this, all entries have to be registered in advance. Send an e-mail to louis@bodytonicmusic.com including:
    -your name
    -your phone number
    -the beer style you've brewed
    -whether your entry is kit, extract or all-grain.

Registration e-mails must be received by 22 October.

There'll be prizes for the best of each brewing method, an overall winner, and an Audience Choice award. Prizes of what, I don't yet know.

It's free to enter, and it's free in to the Twisted Pepper on the night to taste and vote on the entries.

Any questions, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

Are there going to be any categories other than brewing method? i.e. style of beer. As an all grain brewer i couldn't turn around a beer in that time frame and i don't know anyone that bottles in long necks! Best i could do is 3 X 500ml bottles of something i've done already.

Mashtun wrote: »
    Are there going to be any categories other than brewing method? i.e. style of beer.
    Don't think so. They'd have to be specified well in advance so people could brew-to-style especially. This is more about entering stuff you've made already. You'll need 4 x 500ml bottles, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Bit late noticing this but an excellent idea all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

No wine categories? Maybe next year? .. when I have some experience under my belt ...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I can't make this. Someone take pics. :)

Advertisement