Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leakproof travel mug??

• 12-09-2012 8:38pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone on here has any experience with leakproof travel mugs.

I'm looking for something I can ideally put into my bag and drink when I get to college. Fed up of shelling out 2euro a coffee!

Looked at the Contigo but not sure if they would work or indeed if anything like this exists??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Would you not just buy a small .5L flask? They keep your coffee hot for longer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Would you not just buy a small .5L flask? They keep your coffee hot for longer.

I'm looking for something I can sip from during lectures, rather than messing pouring out into a cup/lid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

I have a stainless steel one from Starbucks that is excellent. Keeps coffee warm for close to 2 hours, is very durable and won't leak unless you turn it upside down. It's pricy enough but you do get a free coffee when buying it plus discount on future coffee purchases if you get them to use the travel mug.

Edit: Sorry just noticed you want to put it in your bag I've never tried that so can't say one way or the other if it would be leakproof enough I use mine in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Just wondered if anyone on here has any experience with leakproof travel mugs.

I'm looking for something I can ideally put into my bag and drink when I get to college. Fed up of shelling out 2euro a coffee!

Looked at the Contigo but not sure if they would work or indeed if anything like this exists??

I have two Contigo's and swear by them (500ml for bus and the 600ml for work). I was looking for ages, and haven't seen anything like them. Coffee stays warm for about 4 hours or so.

The cheapest shop I've seen them in is Great Outdoors. The 500ml is about 29-30.

Conor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

conjon wrote: »
    I have two Contigo's and swear by them (500ml for bus and the 600ml for work). I was looking for ages, and haven't seen anything like them. Coffee stays warm for about 4 hours or so.

The cheapest shop I've seen them in is Great Outdoors. The 500ml is about 29-30.

Conor.

That sounds great - I'll keep my eye out for one. Thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement