Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple iPhone 4S replacement phones..factory unlocked ?

• 12-09-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

Got a replacement phone from apple sent over from England a few weeks ago, either a refurb or brand spanking new I dont know...

Any idea do those replacement products they send out, do they bother to carrier lock again, (meteor) or would it be sim free ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Got a replacement phone from apple sent over from England a few weeks ago, either a refurb or brand spanking new I dont know...

Any idea do those replacement products they send out, do they bother to carrier lock again, (meteor) or would it be sim free ?

best way to check is to try a few sims. No other 100% way of knowing to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ya thought of that, must try get a sim off someone at work one of the days ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

;)
    You flirting with me?
    Usually they come back locked to your carrier if the carrier was involved/was the one to send phone away.
    If you send off an unlocked phone you get unlocked back.

biko wrote: »
    You flirting with me?
    Usually they come back locked to your carrier if the carrier was involved/was the one to send phone away.
    If you send off an unlocked phone you get unlocked back.

lol no !!

no carrier wasn't involved, I used apple's online repair service, they collected the phone via courier and sent me a new one a week later !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

lol no !!

no carrier wasn't involved, I used apple's online repair service, they collected the phone via courier and sent me a new one a week later !

Was the Iphone you sent for repair locked? if it was the replacement will be lock to same network if unlock it will be unlock.

Some case but very few the might send back an unlock iphone even if you sent a locked phone.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Was the Iphone you sent for repair locked? if it was the replacement will be lock to same network if unlock it will be unlock.

Some case but very few the might send back an unlock iphone even if you sent a locked phone.
    Ya it wa locked by meteor as I mentioned in the first post, ya so the feckers lock the new one to meteor before they send out :-(
    balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see you added it to your advert :D

Advertisement