Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5 to be launched on Sptember 28 in Ireland :)

• 12-09-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Info below from Slashgear, :D

Apple said during its event today that iPhone 5 pre-orders will open up on September 14 – two days from now – and it will be launching in some countries on September 21. Those initial regions include the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore

On September 28, a week after those locations listed above, the iPhone 5 will launch in 22 other countries, including places like Austria, New Zealand, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Denmark, Spain, and the Netherlands. Sometime in October, the iPhone 5 will release in 20 more countries, with Apple saying this is its “fastest phone roll out ever.”

Source:
    http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5-launching-in-100-countries-on-240-different-carriers-12247020/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Well, at least your quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

py2006 wrote: »
    Well, at least your quick!

Thats..what..she...said

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Is that launch on the networks or to buy sim free?

I wonder how much it will be on a 18 month contract, Im thinking about €100-€150

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

rubicon99 wrote: »
    Info below from Slashgear, :D

Apple said during its event today that iPhone 5 pre-orders will open up on September 14 – two days from now – and it will be launching in some countries on September 21. Those initial regions include the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore

On September 28, a week after those locations listed above, the iPhone 5 will launch in 22 other countries, including places like Austria, New Zealand, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Denmark, Spain, and the Netherlands. Sometime in October, the iPhone 5 will release in 20 more countries, with Apple saying this is its “fastest phone roll out ever.”

Source:
    http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5-launching-in-100-countries-on-240-different-carriers-12247020/
    thanks. great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Is that launch on the networks or to buy sim free?

I wonder how much it will be on a 18 month contract, Im thinking about €100-€150

:confused: If it's that cheap I'll eat my hat.

Sure most networks didn't offer the 4S on anything under a 24 month contract at the start. Some still don't as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

how would 02,vodafone,3 or meteor get away with bringing out the new iphone and not be offering 12 months,18months contracts?

surely 24 minimum contract wont be the only deal available?

if so il be laeving my contract thats up in november and move to pre pay and jus pay the full price

how would 02,vodafone,3 or meteor get away with bringing out the new iphone and not be offering 12 months,18months contracts?

surely 24 minimum contract wont be the only deal available?

if so il be laeving my contract thats up in november and move to pre pay and jus pay the full price

Well, a quick scoot on Meteor seems to say they only offer 24 month contracts on the 4s
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/apple-iphone-4s

Vodafone offer 18 month or 14 month contracts
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phonesAndPlans/phonesAndPlansHome.jsp?bundleSkuItemId=sku30600020&planType=monthly&subPage=plans&cart=cartOpen&subPage=plans&_requestid=596410

To be fair, O2 offer them on contracts from 6 months. But their insanely miserable pricing and data allowances mean they're not in the running.

Dunno what the story is with 3 or tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Doylers wrote: »
    Thats..what..she...said

bean-if-you-know-what-i-mean.jpg

quad_red wrote: »
    Well, a quick scoot on Meteor seems to say they only offer 24 month contracts on the 4s
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/apple-iphone-4s

Vodafone offer 18 month or 14 month contracts
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phonesAndPlans/phonesAndPlansHome.jsp?bundleSkuItemId=sku30600020&planType=monthly&subPage=plans&cart=cartOpen&subPage=plans&_requestid=596410

To be fair, O2 offer them on contracts from 6 months. But their insanely miserable pricing and data allowances mean they're not in the running.

Dunno what the story is with 3 or tesco.

ye im with 02 so once they dont chnage their monthly offers im good,and at worst i could move to vodafone,. i dont mind signing up to a 18 month contract but 2 years is just too long imo

ye im with 02 so once they dont chnage their monthly offers im good,and at worst i could move to vodafone,. i dont mind signing up to a 18 month contract but 2 years is just too long imo

Well, if you accept an upgrade then you move onto a new (crappy) plan afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i went 18mths with O2 and with a diamond upgrade got the iphone4 for €200.
    i expect the same upgrade this time although may go 24mths.

i'm thinking 2 years is perfect if you want to be in time for the iphone6 upgrade and they offer a further discount on the handset (from going for a 18mth)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

yeh, the new plans only have 150mb data (i think)

i had 2gb on my current contract

quad_red wrote: »
    Well, if you accept an upgrade then you move onto a new (crappy) plan afaik.

if the plans remains the same for nthe iphone5 il probably get the 60 a month contract which will get me everything i need in terms of data,sms and minutes, what price il pay?i dont know as its the first time il have recieved an upgrade on bill

hopefully with that tariff for 12 or 18months il get a decent price...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

yeh, the new plans only have 150mb data (i think)

i had 2gb on my current contract

When I go to upgrade to a 4S with O2, I get the option to stay on my current contract. It makes a 32GB model €329 though.

Your current plans is: O2 Advance 150 & 2GB Data
    You can stay on this plan and extend your contract for 12 months or you can take one of our new plans below.

This is what I intend to do with my iPhone 5!

Advertisement