Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Work Experience

Options
  • 12-09-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi :D I'm A Media Production Student And I Need To Find Work Experience For The Last Two Weeks Of January. I Know It's A Bit Early To Be Looking Now But I'd Just Like To Have Something So I Can Just Check It Off The List. I'm Hoping To Do Something In Film So If Anyone Knows Of Any Studios Or Companies That Would Give Work Experience Placement To Someone Who Is Enthusiastic About Film I Would Be Forever Grateful For Any Information. Even Just Being A Runner Would Suit Me Fine :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Quick tip - if you're sending out CVs follow them up with a phonecall. Or phone first ideally.

Most post-houses and production companies get CVs all the time so a phone call will make yours get a bit more notice. As with a lot of businesses work experience placements happen a lot through connections. Do you of anyone who could talk to someone about getting you in somewhere for a week?

Also - on any emails you're sending out do not capitalise the first letter of every word like you have in this post.

Advertisement