Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Machine on a serious budget

Options
  • 12-09-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone so basically im looking for an absolute barebones build for PC gaming, nothing flashy is needed, just something that would leave me options for upgrading in the future when I have a bit more cash (I plan on dropping in bits like RAM and such in the future if needed)

1. What is your budget? €300 Max (As cheap as possible)I dont need a GPU, so I think this is doable

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games) Guild Wars 2 :)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Case and IDE DVD-RW Drive, I have also got my hands on a Radeon HD 5770

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No] Current monitor is 1280x1024, may upgrade it to a widescreen 1920x1080 monitor in the future

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] Bank Transfer/Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days] End of the month

Comments

Advertisement