Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any unwanted rugs anyone?

Options
  • 12-09-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Mods feel free to remove in inappropriate..... I am trying to help out a couple of equine rescues whom badly need rugs for the winter - all sizes, doesn't matter if dirty etc as I will personally pay to have them cleaned.... Just in case anyone has any lying around - anything from foal size up to 6f 3 ...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Marley, what a great idea. Would you think of contacting some places like the AIRC and see if they would send an email to their members?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Great idea!
    Marley, what a great idea. Would you think of contacting some places like the AIRC and see if they would send an email to their members?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Great idea Marley!! I dont have any spare (my horses go through rugs like nobody's business) but just to let you know that the tack shop in mount usher (ashford, near Boswell) does rug cleaning and repairs from €20 in case anyone gives you any damaged ones! its one of the cheaper places for repairs etc and they have them back to you within a week!

Ill put it on the UCD Equestrian page as well actually!

Thank you:)

Ill put it on the UCD Equestrian page as well actually!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

Great idea Marley!! I dont have any spare (my horses go through rugs like nobody's business) but just to let you know that the tack shop in mount usher (ashford, near Boswell) does rug cleaning and repairs from €20 in case anyone gives you any damaged ones! its one of the cheaper places for repairs etc and they have them back to you within a week!

I can't believe how expensive that is for rug cleaning. On the Northside there is a lady in the Naul who provides a great service. Rugs come back spotless with any necessary repairs made for €12. There are also others around for about the same price.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Also shared! I have a lot of horsey friends so I'll keep you posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Hi Marley,

I'd like to sponsor some new and used rugs from Twomeys Horse and Country in Killarney. If you would like to PM any particular sizes you are stuck for I can arrange them to be couriered to you next day, also contact and address info.

The new Rugs will be High End Bucas and the Used are all of high Quality. Its a great idea and we would be delighted to be involved.

Just remember to reproof any second hand rugs you receive from people as leaky ones are almost as bad as no rugs at all!!!

Regards,

Eoghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

twomeys wrote: »
    Hi Marley,

I'd like to sponsor some new and used rugs from Twomeys Horse and Country in Killarney. If you would like to PM any particular sizes you are stuck for I can arrange them to be couriered to you next day, also contact and address info.

The new Rugs will be High End Bucas and the Used are all of high Quality. Its a great idea and we would be delighted to be involved.

Just remember to reproof any second hand rugs you receive from people as leaky ones are almost as bad as no rugs at all!!!

Regards,

Eoghan

Threads like this really restore my faith in humanity :)

Wow, that is an amazing offer - thank you so so so much. I will PM you:)
    twomeys wrote: »
    Hi Marley,

Regards,

Eoghan

Twomeys, that is such a lovely offer, so great to see people being so generous!

Oh and great job marley for getting involved in something like this!

Advertisement