Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

• 12-09-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

i want to know if my mam can add a second car (my car) onto her insurance. if yes would it be the cost of another premium or ... oh and its with aviva thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

If it's for you to drive, you need your own insurance.

If it's for her to drive it, she can be added to your policy as a named driver, or may have open drive on her own policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It would be a new policy and she would not be able to use her no claims bonus on it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your mother has her own car and her own policy, then she asks the insurance company to add another car which she claims to own, with you as a named driver to her policy - do you really think they're that stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

goz83 wrote: »
    It would be a new policy and she would not be able to use her no claims bonus on it either.
    NCB can be mirrored for a second car, the only problem is, if you have a claim on one you lose it on both.

Advertisement