Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headlight options

• 12-09-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

I've a '99 FZS 600 (fazer)
    So, was out for a spin with some friends, it was dark and i was ahead. My friend kept flashing me from behind and later said i should put my high beams on, they were on :(

I knew fazer headlights were bad, but didn't think they were that bad.

Just wondering what kind of options i have, both expensive and inexpensive to replace my existing headlights with something stronger than a candle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Can ya get them really annoying HID bulbs for them or is that a different setup ?
    To be honest if you find them grand and didn't notice how bad they where until your mates said it then Id leave em off, unless they are brutal. Never rode a fazer in the night time so can't give an honest option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Xios wrote: »
    I've a '99 FZS 600 (fazer)
    So, was out for a spin with some friends, it was dark and i was ahead. My friend kept flashing me from behind and later said i should put my high beams on, they were on :(

I knew fazer headlights were bad, but didn't think they were that bad.

Just wondering what kind of options i have, both expensive and inexpensive to replace my existing headlights with something stronger than a candle.
    Try Osram Nightbreaker headlights bulbs. They make a big difference without the need for any expensive conversion kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

Fr Dougal wrote: »
    Try Osram Nightbreaker headlights bulbs. They make a big difference without the need for any expensive conversion kit.
    I think so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Try the basics first, make sure all your wiring and plugs are in good order and aren't corroded.
    Bulb is good and not milky, reflector clean and headlights not covered in insects and dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Is your bike the faired model? If you have tried the above and you're not happy, you would easily be able to fit a HID kit. I've had them in a few of my bikes and there are compromises but they make you very visible on the road as well as giving a very strong beam. You could probably fit the kit to your bike if it has a round headlight too but it would require a little fettling.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

HID kit is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

not sure about the full beams but its pretty straight forward to wire up the second dip if you only have one at the moment (standard), makes a big difference
    DIY guide
    http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=181.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

A few weeks ago I set up a second beam on my Fazer too. It was only using one. Same model as yours. Makes a HUGE difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

Notch000 wrote: »
    not sure about the full beams but its pretty straight forward to wire up the second dip if you only have one at the moment (standard), makes a big difference
    DIY guide
    http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=181.0

this is the best option with some of those osram bulbs imo, and wont break the bank...

Advertisement