Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod Touch 5th Gen

• 13-09-2012 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,244 ✭✭✭✭

In all the excitement about the iPhone 5, it's easy to forget that there was a new range of iPods announced as well. iPod Nano continues down it's 'Ipod Touch mini' route. But in this thread I'd like to hear what people think of the new iPd touch? It now gets Siri, a 5mp camera with a flash which records 1080p video, new colour.
    Flash camera might be dead handy for a night on the tiles, but what do you guys think?
    No 8gb or 16gb version the 32gb version comes straight in at €329.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have to admit now that if my iphone got nicked again, i'd probably be happy enough with this new ipod touch and a crappy cheap phone as a replacement. The camera was the big issue for me, I love shooting with the iphone and the various camera apps, so the usubility of the new camera would tip the scales for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I was waiting on this today and it looks good but i dont need 32GB and its a bit steep at that price. I like the look of the nano think ill go with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I wish they had added GPS but the new camera a least is a big improvement.
    I wonder what the screen is like? Previous models did not have as good viewing angles as the iphone screen.

It's very close to the capabilities of the 4S now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

anyone know if they are killing off the ipod classic yet? Still the best solution for those with lossless files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

GPS and it would have been perfect. Looks lovely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

It is a great device, but I agree that is pricey at eur 329. How much is the ipad mini going to cost then if it is ever released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I have to admit now that if my iphone got nicked again, i'd probably be happy enough with this new ipod touch and a crappy cheap phone as a replacement...

Definately. More and more free wifi hotspots popping up that makes this more appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

I have to admit now that if my iphone got nicked again, i'd probably be happy enough with this new ipod touch and a crappy cheap phone as a replacement. The camera was the big issue for me, I love shooting with the iphone and the various camera apps, so the usubility of the new camera would tip the scales for me.

Now this is an idea.....

You'd get a topclass mp3 player that also has amazing other functionality - email - calendar - apps - videos etc

and a phone with more than 1 day battery life...

Only problem is I'd miss 3g data for my emails and internet.

I'm really considering going down the iTouch road in the future - its the right size storage for me, and the price is juist about worth it.

We should be at a lot more than 32GB and 64GB by now, NAND prices have come down massively since these quantities were first introduced (I think in 2008 and 2009 respectively).

It only costs a few dollars (literally) to go from 32GB to 64GB to 128GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

steve_r wrote: »
    Now this is an idea.....

You'd get a topclass mp3 player that also has amazing other functionality - email - calendar - apps - videos etc

and a phone with more than 1 day battery life...

Only problem is I'd miss 3g data for my emails and internet.

You can tether a 3G connection from quite a few older Nokia phones for example. My last one was a brickish non smart phone but with an app from the Nokia store it did tether 3G very successfully.Battery lasted 3 days ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fan1

Hey everyone,

Im really excited about the Iphone 5 coming out
    When do you think it will be available to buy in Ireland?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

fan1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Im really excited about the Iphone 5 coming out
    When do you think it will be available to buy in Ireland?

Sept 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 8 UnaCait

Do I need a pc if I buy an iPhone. I have an iPad but not a laptop/pc. Will I weed o connect it to a computer to register a new iPhone 5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Has anybody spotted the new iPod touch in the wild yet? Preferable somewhere in Dublin that has them in stock.

Thanks

Advertisement