Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Value of iPhone 4G ?

• 13-09-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭

Was trying to find one on adverts, but it's only throwing up the 4S. Any ideas of the current value of the 4G ?

Have a 32GB black one in pristine condition. Would only be upgrading to a 4S as I don't think there's anything of more value in the 5 for me.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I just sold my 4 this evening for €350.

it was :
    Black
    32gb
    Factory Unlocked
    Screen protectors front and rear from new with a cover from day one so in 99.99% perfect condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

OU812 wrote: »
    Was trying to find one on adverts, but it's only throwing up the 4S. Any ideas of the current value of the 4G ?

Have a 32GB black one in pristine condition. Would only be upgrading to a 4S as I don't think there's anything of more value in the 5 for me.

Im afraid there is no such phone as a 4G. If you have a phone that says 4G on it, then its fake and worth about €50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭OU812

Well iPhone 4 then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭jamesd

About €240 - €300

I bought an unlocked 4 16gb for €200

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

kceire wrote: »
    I just sold my 4 this evening for €350.

it was :
    Black
    32gb
    Factory Unlocked
    Screen protectors front and rear from new with a cover from day one so in 99.99% perfect condition.
    So, people don't buy the 4.
    iphone 5 has so many features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

OU812 wrote: »
    Well iPhone 4 then

You'll get the going rate on Adverts.ie. 320 is around normal with box & charger.

naasrd wrote: »
    You'll get the going rate on Adverts.ie. 320 is around normal with box & charger.

I had all original box, unopened charger and unused ear phones, thats probably why i got a bit of a premium at 350e. But i also sold the GF's 16gb for 310 in similar condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I had all original box, unopened charger and unused ear phones, thats probably why i got a bit of a premium at 350e. But i also sold the GF's 16gb for 310 in similar condition.

Yeah, now and again a real bargain pops up. I'm hoping around November/December a few upgrades will have appeared and we'll get an idea of what people are wiling to pay and what sellers are looking for. Let the bidding commence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'll be selling my iPhone 4 same specs as Kceire's expect the cable and headphones are used. But with a new case and selection of screen protectors. Hoping to get €350. But I might have to settle for less now the iPhone 5 is out. However the 8GB 4 is still going new for €399 so still a high price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

I will be selling my iPhone 4s 16 gig unlocked to fund for iphone 5.
    Was thinking of selling it for 350 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭OU812

Well my one is 32gb (& will be looking for same size on 4s if I upgrade). So would be looking for a decent price

finno wrote: »
    I will be selling my iPhone 4s 16 gig unlocked to fund for iphone 5.
    Was thinking of selling it for 350 euro.

tbh, i dont think you will get it. I know some shops selling the 16gb now for 320e and thst with a small bit of warranty from the shop in question.

Edit - Sorry just realised its the 4S your selling, then yes, that price os quite good.

tbh, i dont think you will get it. I know some shops selling the 16gb now for 320e and thst with a small bit of warranty from the shop in question.

You'd easily get that for a 16GB 4S. It's new from Apple at €579 even now after the 5S launch. €350 is low for him to sell it at in my opinion.

DubDJ wrote: »
    You'd easily get that for a 16GB 4S. It's new from Apple at €579 even now after the 5S launch. €350 is low for him to sell it at in my opinion.

sorry my mistake, didnt realise it was the 4S. thought it was just the 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Did you sell on adverts?

NetNinja wrote: »
    Did you sell on adverts?

sold the 16gb one on adverts and the 32gb one through another forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Your iphone 4 is officially dead now that apple is going to release the iphone 5.

N64 wrote: »
    Your iphone 4 is officially dead now that apple is going to release the iphone 5.

Just the same way your oldest son dies when your newborn is born yeah :rolleyes:

come on, have a bit of cop on. The iPhone 3FS is still a very good phone, just like the HTC Desire is and Galaxy S1 and 2 are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭SoundFella

like the other posters say their is no iphone 4G ....
    these are the average prices i experienced as of late
    iphone 3G €100-€120
    iphone 3GS €130-€160
    iphone 4 €275-€335
    iphone 4s €380-€450

hope this helps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I've a quick question, I'm looking at getting a iPhone 4 new from apple but for that price you can get a used 4s, is there any noticeable difference in battery useage between a new phone and a used after being used for a year?

• Advertisement

I've a quick question, I'm looking at getting a iPhone 4 new from apple but for that price you can get a used 4s, is there any noticeable difference in battery useage between a new phone and a used after being used for a year?

It will decrease naturally but my iPhone 4 is 2 years old and still get 1 day+ with moderate use. Btw the 4S could actually be a step down in terms of battery.
    A lot of battery related problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Anyone have any idea how much one could get/ask for an iPhone 4 16GB with a cracked screen and an intermittent problem with people hearing speech during calls. Locked to O2 but unlock could be requested from carrier.

What would a reasonable asking price be given the couple of bits that need doing? The crack on the front doesnt effect the viewing of the screen at all.

Advertisement