Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for SUSI dilemma- what to do?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 omar1987

Got the acceptance email today, delighted. Looks like there finally getting through the applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlexDublin

what kind of acceptance letter omar? when did you apply? when did you send in your documents? Just so we can get an idea of who is being processed at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daychris76

Admissions office in my IT have told me that they have [B]not received confirmation from SUSI of a single grant application being approved. [/B] This was the situation on 27th September. Nobody from USI seems to be bothered. Not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭donalfo

got a letter today looking for a p45 for last year. I told them that it was sent originally, woman on the phone says ' I see that, could you write a cover letter to say that (womans name on phone) has seen it on the system', wtf.
    this is the third request for documents, bad delay tactics. Either let the people know that there is no money or get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 omar1987

AlexDublin wrote: »
    what kind of acceptance letter omar? when did you apply? when did you send in your documents? Just so we can get an idea of who is being processed at the moment....
    sorry for the late reply. I applied in the first week which was july I think, about a month later got the pack asking for documents. About 3 weeks later got another letter asking for documents I omitted even though I had sent everything, I needed a better proof of residence.
    So once I sent the last documentation off it took another month to get the acceptance email. Could only temporarily register so still can't get the book allowance till fully registered. Sent off the last form to susi today. Hope this helps, using phone so sorry if there's any mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Got asked to send confirmation letter today from the college. Delighted.

wow, fair play to you guys for getting so far! i feel like my application will be weeks before it gets sorted.

Nothing this week either. Proper pissed off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

All relevant forms sent 6 weeks ago, no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daychris76

why has the usi not made an approach to SUSI about this? This issue affects thousands of students and yet their silence is deafening... If I was a lesbian, black woman with a disability who wanted to marry my brother's horse they would be protesting for me. Disgusted with USI and SU's in general over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

daychris76 wrote: »
    why has the usi not made an approach to SUSI about this? This issue affects thousands of students and yet their silence is deafening... If I was a lesbian, black woman with a disability who wanted to marry my brother's horse they would be protesting for me. Disgusted with USI and SU's in general over this.

Why don't you email them and ask?

General info:-
    According to the UCD site, SUSI says:
    3 October – UCD receives first listing of grant students from SUSI. Whether your name is on this list or not is down to SUSI’s processing of your application.

8 October – SUSI collects confirmation of registration from UCD. For UCD to confirm your registration to SUSI all you have to have done in UCD is to have gone online and confirmed registration.

19 October – October grant maintenance payments made by SUSI.

from here

UCD will let students know if they were on the list by the 5th. Don't know how it is set for other uni's

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Just commenting to follow this thread to keep an eye on things. Relevant docs sent early Sept and still waiting like lots of you. Emailed them earlier got a failure notice, emailed them again there and it was received...?!

UCD updated their page today to say:
    Regarding the SUSI timelines below, please note that as of close of business today, 3 October 2012, UCD did not receive this first listing of students from SUSI. We believe from SUSI that this will be sent to us on Thursday, 4 October. We will be regularly updating this webpage with information when we have it from SUSI. If you do have any queries regarding your grant you should talk to SUSI directly.

So, still on the waiting game...

WOW.

Its interesting (to say the least) to see how far SUSI can go with making us wait......

HOLY SCHEISE

This is very fockin frustrating

UCD's latest comments are:
    Regarding the SUSI timelines below, please note that today we had access to the first listing of students from SUSI. There is a very small number of students on this list. We have processed this in full and will be returning it to SUSI tomorrow, Friday, 5 October ahead of their Monday, 8 October deadline.

We will also be emailing those students who were on this list tomorrow, Friday, 5 October to let them know this fact.

So if I get an email tomorrow, I'll be a good sign. If not, I might have to pay half the fees so I can get library access - been locked out and I need to get in. Assignment season is starting.

seems like ucd are putting the pressure on. fair play to them.

AlexDublin wrote: »
    seems like ucd are putting the pressure on. fair play to them.

I'd say its more along the lines of diverting annoyance away from them onto SUSI.

By the looks of things I'm not going to get the email unless they send it out later on. Such fun this application process has been...

Fock SUSI! Useless shower of C**ts! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

daychris76 wrote: »

How do you know USI haven't contacted SUSI?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

As I've said in the student finances forum anyone having problems regarding grants should contact their tds and ask TDs to raise it with Ruairi Quinn

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This is email I received back today:

Thank you for contacting SuSi

With regards to your e-mail,we are hoping to start paying out the grants at the end of this month.
    However there is no definitive timeframe at the moment on when the grant will be awarded.
    You will need to download the FCA Form (final course acceptance) online at www.cdvec.ie. Send it into the address SUSI PO BOX 12210 Ballsbridge Dublin 4.
    If you have not done so already.
    If you are going to collage inside the Republic of Ireland you do not need to get the collage to sign it.
    You will be contacted in due course.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us

Kind Regards
    SuSi Helpdesk

Basically telling me sweet FA. What is this Final course acceptance form?? They sent me out a list of forms to send in and I did that about a month ago but can't remember if it was on the list..
    Surely it was if it was required of me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi Sue z

This is the form they mean: http://www.cdvec.ie/getattachment/Student-Supports/Grants/Final-Course-Acceptance-Form.pdf.aspx

You do need to get it in if you haven't already. They may have sent it out to you or they may not.

paperclip2 wrote: »

You do need to get it in if you haven't already. They may have sent it out to you or they may not.

They emailed me about mine about a week ago. It doesn't come with the documents pack.

Just thought I'd put this up from UCD's website:
    LATEST NEWS Monday, 8 October 2012
    Regarding the SUSI timelines below on our 25 September message we can confirm that last Friday, 5 October we:
    returned the first listing of students back to SUSI. Note there was a very small number of students on this first SUSI listing.
    emailed those students who were on this list to let them know this fact.

Further SUSI dates? SUSI has now confirmed they are sending us a second list.
    They will send this to us on Wednesday, 10 October.
    SUSI wants us to confirm for them the registration of these students to UCD by Monday, 15 October. We will do this.
    We will email these students on 12 October – just for their information.
    These students will be on the 19 October grant maintenance payment made by SUSI.
    We do not know the number of students who will be on this list.
    If you do not receive an email from us on 12 October it means SUSI has not sent us notification of your grant award.

Thank you!

Rang Susi today.
    Was asking when the earliest anyone would find out about their grants.
    I was told the last 2 weeks of October would be the earliest anyone will find out about their grants.
    Hope everyone gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

SUSI letters come today - I've got my grant for def. Letters asking me to input my bank details online on www.grantsonline.ie so the monies can be paid in.

scoob70 wrote: »
    SUSI letters come today - I've got my grant for def. Letters asking me to input my bank details online on www.grantsonline.ie so the monies can be paid in.

When did you roughly apply for the grant Scoob7?

By that i mean actually send all the documentation back in to them

Cheers

Any luck anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

been deined the grant so god knows what im goin to do now at least i dont have to pay fees just have to find the.money for the studemt contribution

Advertisement