Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the closet smoker

• 13-09-2012 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just wondering if there are many people out there who are 'closet smokers' (most people don't know)

No stupid comments please :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A friend of mine has been smoking for the last couple of years without his family knowing. He's 24 but is still terrified about his mother finding out.:pac:

Pat Nixon, wife of Richard for some reason kept her smoking secret for years, the fact only emerged after her death.

More recently Barack Obama tried to hide his cigarette habit while running for office in 2008. He'd admitted to being a heavy smoker in his youth but few knew that he hadn't fully kicked the habit. As of 2012 he has supposedly quit for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BigMikie145

Have to admit to this.
    I suppose it started when I was 16, smoking the odd fag here and there. But not even my closest friends knew at this point. At 17 I was smoking more often, maybe 2-3 a day? While on holidays I used to smoke as natural as a full time smoker. I stopped then for a period of time and one day found a Silk Cut Purple in my press and decided I'd smoke it. Beautiful wasn't even the word. Now at 19 I still smoke on the quiet... like now:P Waiting for everyone to go to bed and lighting up and getting up earlier too.

There was one time where a mate stayed here and asked me to hold there fag for a minute and I casually took a pull 'pretending to try' but actually craving instead.

I'll come out...someday:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gailleamh

I'm the same.... the odd smoke here and there... love heading on holidays sitting in Term 1 in Dub with a beer and a box of fags..... At work head to for a cig.... started with 1 or two, parents found out and stopped. Started again and smoking heavier since. Few friends know that I'm a 'social smoker' but don't know Im a reg... Big Mick... what do you do to hide it???? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not really seeing how this is about the positives of smoking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement