Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How will you buy the iPhone 5?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

kceire wrote: »
    JKGT wrote: »
    Anyone know when the .ie store is taking pre orders????

Nothing official yet, but going by the way they done tier 1 countries, we may be able to pre-order next friday 21st for delivery in and around 28th (Launch day here)

Cool!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

I just rang Apple and after a bit of a wait while the operator went off to check, she said it'll be available for pre-order here on the 28th, and it's after that date it'll be available in retail stores. There's a 4 week wait for unlocked phones for even US customers now, so I dunno, I can see it being the end of October before we actually get the phone in our mitts. Of course, when the nano sim is available is anyone's guess but I'm guessing it won't be available here until early October at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Thanks for the replies...
    Yes, obviously it seems SIM free with PAYG would be better for me, but my usage is going to change, since I will use it for Internet. Does that not use up credit very fast?
    I don't know what those 30 days contract are, I'll investigate that.

Three PAYG does All you can eat data once you top up by €20 every 30 days (I think?)

The 30 day contracts are the same as the 12, 18 or 24 month ones but generally about €10 cheaper per month and of course you can cancel at any time so you're not locked in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

My iPhone 4 is dying (over 2 years old, the home button hard to double-click and the mic hasn't worked since my daughter managed to drop it on the (tiled) kitchen floor a few months ago. (I even tried the "slip a bit of cardboard under the case" fix but no joy) so I'll get the 5 whatever way gets it here faster :). My preference would be to buy direct from Apple but I'll see what's available from my current provider before making that call.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Calraigh B wrote: »
    I just rang Apple and after a bit of a wait while the operator went off to check, she said it'll be available for pre-order here on the 28th, and it's after that date it'll be available in retail stores. There's a 4 week wait for unlocked phones for even US customers now, so I dunno, I can see it being the end of October before we actually get the phone in our mitts. Of course, when the nano sim is available is anyone's guess but I'm guessing it won't be available here until early October at the very least.

might go to Belfast next week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Yakuza wrote: »
    (I even tried the "slip a bit of cardboard under the case" fix but no joy)

People actually do this!?

naasrd wrote: »
    People actually do this!?
    Well, I mighn't have described it that well in my haste - you pop off two screws, slide the case off and put a small piece of cardboard to hold an IC in place. It didn't work for me but it has done for others.
    This describes it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

You know you can just get that home button fixed for a couple of euro (ok about 30) and how do you make calls without a mic?

Anyone who wants an iPhone5 with vodafone check: https://www.vodafone.ie/comingsoon (register your interest).
    Also data roaming isn't as expensive as it used to be (mine's still free:-) Vodafone does a passport for €2 a day (up to 50mb) http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/roaming/internetabroad/phone/50mb Beats faffing about with a foreign sim (and not being contactable at that time) IMHO...
    3 does free roaming is some countries (with 3 network only).

Oh this topic was about how to get the iPhone 5... me? Contract renewal/extension hopefully...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

speeding wrote: »
    Hi guys

Thinking of preordering from apple uk tomorrow maybe but still undecided. Does anyone know if this crowd. Www.deliverme.ie are reliable ?

I pre ordered mine on apple.co.uk and am using www.parcelmotel.com and shipping to Antrim center

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

flyguy wrote: »
    You know you can just get that home button fixed for a couple of euro (ok about 30) and how do you make calls without a mic?
    Bluetooth (headset / car) or the wired headset. It's a pain not being able to use it normally, which is why I'd be keen to get it ASAP (but, as I said, I'll wait until I see O2's prices before making a final decision)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I pre ordered mine on apple.co.uk and am using www.parcelmotel.com and shipping to Antrim center

DT

I was gona do this but didnt want to take the risk wit a 700e phone through parcel motel with a 100e limit on lost items :(

hope it works out ok for you. please post back up when you get it and what you think of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Direct from Apple and using it on 48. Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all, I want to buy it but want to stay on my current contract so will get it without using my upgrade. How do I use my current sim since the iPhone 5 uses a microsim?

you want to keep the contract for the data roaming right?

thats all changing on the 22nd of october :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056758797

Advertisement