Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Face Facts?

• 13-09-2012 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

As more and more people get qualified in their area of interest, There is for some the realisation that there might not be a job in Ireland for them.

Is it time for people to accept the fact that Ireland can't support an ever increasing young workforce?

Emigration is becoming a focal point for many qualified jobless people in Ireland.

Should the government be doing more to hang on to this work force or it can't simply hold on to them?

Do you think emigration is something to be looked at with opportunity or as a sad way to have to be forced to leave their home country?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I think most people have resigned themselves to the fact that emigration is a real possibility.
    I wouldn't think twice about moving away from Ireland and, in fact, even if I could get a job here I'd still probably move countries anyway.
    If you've spent your whole life here then emigration should be looked upon as an opportunity. It is a chance to see another part of the world and gain a new perspective on life.

Although if everyone had this view the country would be fucked. If the workforce goes and this baby boom continues there will be no one to pay taxes to fund their education :p Ah well, not my problem when I'm gone :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It wasn't something that ever really occurred to me until last year. Had an OK job, renting a nice place etc, but the two of us were just a bit fed up with everything. Looked at opportunities in the UK, US, Holland, Canada, Aus and NZ, ended up in NZ. It's fantastic, much nicer people, nicer weather, more facilities and things to do, less taxes, better services => better lifestyle. Sure there are problems here too but nowhere near as bad as Ireland.

To anyone thinking of moving: just plan it and do it, move to a real country that actually works and look back and laugh at the utter bombsite Ireland really is. Best thing I ever did was emigrate. Two friends living in the UK say exactly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I just finished college. I'm making an effort to find work, been for a few interviews but hasn't come off for me yet. It's been about 3 months now but I knew there was every chance I would struggle. In the beginning I was only looking for work in my chosen field but have started to cast my net wider now, should have done this from the beginning but I've learned my lesson.

If I can't get work by Christmas I'll more than likely start looking abroad. I've always wanted to do a little travelling so now is a good chance. Really I was looking for work now to save up to go, but I've heard from friends over that the public schools in Korea take on English teachers around the February mark so that's a definite option.

I've never been too much of a homebird and wouldn't have a problem relocating. For me at least the possibility of emigration is just a fact of life and I know plenty people who feel the same. I could go away for a while and return with experience that would help me get work here, that's all good in my eyes.

I do know others who really don't like the idea of leaving, I've talked with a few coming up to the end of college and was surprised at how much some people really don't want to go. It's a pity for people like them, I don't like the idea that friends would be forced into things they really don't want to do but life rarely goes perfect for anybody so you just got to deal with the crap as it comes.

I don't know a whole lot about government and the creation of employment so can't really say what I think they could be doing to better the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I finish collage next summer and plan on moving to England as soon as possible then. Every few weeks I check random job sites and nearly always find two or three jobs in the city I'm planning on moving to. Do the same here and there is nothing. Those job searches are in the areas I'm qualified for, other areas could be the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Did anyone else think that this was going to be a thread about actual face facts?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 22 Count Wankula

chops018 wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that this was going to be a thread about actual face facts?

I sure did :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Human beings are designed to interpret and understand facial expressions at lightning speed, at large distances and with great accuracy. You can distinguish a friend and whether they are surprised or happy to see you from 150 feet away within a fraction of a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Also..news just in....

•Found at the roof of the nose, the ethmoid bone separates the nasal cavity and brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

ah shur, we'll go travelling for a few years, see the world. what harm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Face fact #56: Each face has one nose, but your nose has one face.

In ur face! :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

everybody has tiny tiny little spiders living in the pores of the skin on their face, they come out at night while you're asleep to mate and generally just loaf about

they eat the sweat and whatever else that is produced but they don't have an anus so they can't ****. their abdomens just keep growing and growing until they die, where they decompose and deposit all their waste on your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

If your hand is bigger than your face you have AIDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

jd007 wrote: »
    If your hand is bigger than your face you have AIDS.

Oh ****e

Advertisement