Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The awkward moment when....

• 13-09-2012 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Guys listen to this for a coincidence/faith(:rolleyes:)

Was talking to this girl online last few weeks right, anyway decided to go full speed ahead and hit her with the 'give me a text' question to which she replied 'might see you around college lol' Well as it turns out I will be seeing her around college in 'lol' circumstances. It seems we are gonna be in the exact same class(small group class) Class is on tomorrow morning, what the hell would you do in this situation. Talk about awkward. Should I play it off cool, pretend that we don't know each other, or should I just be like 'ohhhhh (insert name) and pretend I never got burned by her? I look like a stalker but the classes were completely random.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

EdenHazard wrote: »

Was talking to this girl online last few weeks right, anyway decided to go full speed ahead and hit her with the 'give me a text' question to which she replied 'might see you around college lol' Well as it turns out I will be seeing her around college as it seems we are gonna be in the exact same class(small group class) Class is on tomorrow morning, what the hell would you do in this situation. Talk about awkward. Should I play it off cool, pretend that we don't know each other, or should I just be like 'ohhhhh (insert name) and play if off cool'?

Watch how she interacts with other people, how she applies herself in the class and is she attentive, then sniff her hair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why would you pretend you don't know her? You get free johnnies off the student union in the first week. Perfect opportunity to try them out :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Awkward moment when ya lived at home and had a **** and someone either knocks on the door or walks in
    Not speakin from experience tho :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Just play it cool, you'll know if she's interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Why would you pretend you don't know her? You get free johnnies off the student union in the first week. Perfect opportunity to try them out :p

Awkward moment when you get a girl at your place and whip out a pack of condoms only to make water balloons :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Thanks Mauzo but I don't care about her interest, just the sheer awkwardness of it. How to not make it awkward, I was basically like to her 'you are unreal looking' I'd never be that forward in real life. She sorta seemed to think i was good looking/interested at the start until I went with the 'give me a text question'

Start a blog ffs.

Think I'll prob have a panic attack in the morning, srs. These kinda things kill me, to try switch different class or to stay, that is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I don't see a problem here.
    Say hi is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Think I'll prob have a panic attack in the morning, srs. These kinda things kill me, to try switch different class or to stay, that is the question.

Stay, act confident. Smile at her, pretend it doesnt bother you!

Cheeky wink wont go amiss either :D

• Advertisement

Watch how she interacts with other people, how she applies herself in the class and is she attentive, then sniff her hair...

They don't just give these usernames out to anyone ya know ;)

Eathrin wrote: »
    I don't see a problem here.
    Say hi is all.

Oh, I was like to her 'yo I'm deleting my account but yeah here's my number so give me a tex or whatever' she replies 'blah blah blah.....oh maybe I'll see u in college sometime.......*wait for it* LOL' Can you hear that its the sound of the burn travelling from last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thinly veiled "I've talked to a girl" thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I don't care about her interest
    If you went ahead and asked her to start texting you, with chatting online for a few weeks already? Dont tell us you dont care if she's interested!

She knows who you are, just play it cool and let things run their course.

Seriously though, just acknowledge how you met and just have a laugh at the funny coincidence. No need to be an ass and pretend you don't know her because that would be really odd behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

This isn't as bad as you think it is. Just stay cool and act normal.

You are more than likely going to find yourself in FAR more awkward situations of the course of college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

awkward moment when you walk into the toilet and didn't know that your granny was after loosing half her body weight in there. Did i do it right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Was talking to this girl online last few weeks right, anyway decided to go full speed ahead and hit her with the 'give me a text' question to which she replied 'might see you around college lol' Well as it turns out I will be seeing her around college in 'lol' circumstances. It seems we are gonna be in the exact same class(small group class) Class is on tomorrow morning, what the hell would you do in this situation. Talk about awkward. Should I play it off cool, pretend that we don't know each other, or should I just be like 'ohhhhh (insert name) and pretend I never got burned by her? I look like a stalker but the classes were completely random.

If i were you i'd focus on sorting out your shambolic performances for Belgium and stop worrying bout your 200 grand a week and girl problems.

That and basically get in the friend zone for a while and slip her one when drunk.

By god don't get in the friend zone its hell in here. Stay away from the friend zone at all costs. Being in the cnut zone is better than being in the friend zone

le la rat wrote: »
    By god don't get in the friend zone its hell in here. Stay away from the friend zone at all costs. Being in the cnut zone is better than being in the friend zone

I tended to shag my female college friends with enough alcohol on board on both sides. No bullsh1t bout liking each other either just drunk sex. Might work!!

• Advertisement

It takes a sepcial man to pull off such a coup. Tips hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Tell her she looks even more beautiful in real life. Talk about the class. Small chat. Dont just ignore her, you'll come across as creepy weirdo who **** all day looking at the interweb.

Meet her on a dating site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

'Fritzl' her.

Thanks Mauzo but I don't care about her interest, just the sheer awkwardness of it. How to not make it awkward, I was basically like to her 'you are unreal looking' I'd never be that forward in real life. She sorta seemed to think i was good looking/interested at the start until I went with the 'give me a text question'

rookie mistake. always go for the facebook add not her number. Girls can deal with that **** as they can unfriend/block if ur a weirdo. Harder to change numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

Just act normal.

Either she already thinks you're a creep, and there's nothing you can do about it, or she knows you fancy her, so your sorted!

If that doesn't work, get some tips off wonderfullife...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I look like a stalker but the classes were completely random.

Maybe she knows the classes are randomly generated?

Don't sit beside her in every class. Don't avoid sitting beside her either. Be friendly and, in regard to the class, helpful. Don't fart in class, and make sure your deodorant is "getting it". And, above all, pay attention in class and ace that course. Women don't want to breed with stupid, lazy guys. :pac:

Why would it be awkward ...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

man up for goodness sake, you're a footballer for Chelsea, you can get any girl you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

tut tut tut... she's reading this now so you've fcuked up big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

BOF666 wrote: »
    Just act normal.

Either she already thinks you're a creep, and there's nothing you can do about it, or she knows you fancy her, so your sorted!

If that doesn't work, get some tips off wonderfullife...

I think its beyond that. He sounds like an attention seeker.

Wow guys that went horrible, I arrived late and the only seat available was beside her, I've got social anxiety so stuff like that would kill me, I couldn't speak! I didn't say hi, or anythng

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Wow guys that went horrible, I arrived late and the only seat available was beside her, I've got social anxiety so stuff like that would kill me, I couldn't speak! I didn't say hi, or anythng

you should have asked her if she would like a go on your disco stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Oh, I was like to her 'yo I'm deleting my account but yeah here's my number so give me a tex or whatever' she replies 'blah blah blah.....oh maybe I'll see u in college sometime.......*wait for it* LOL' Can you hear that its the sound of the burn travelling from last week!

All I can hear is that God awful song in my head right now. So call me maybe?!?! uuughhgh

s_carnage wrote: »
    All I can hear is that God awful song in my head right now. So call me maybe?!?! uuughhgh

Damn you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

10 euro says the OP gets the clap off this girl before the mid-term break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Either the clap; or a slap. One or the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

seriously though..wtf...shes a person..being normal usually works a treat, but you went straight for the sweaty weirdo approach..its a risky approach as she may now have you pegged as a sweaty mute weirdo as opposed to the suave devil you are online.

AnonoBoy wrote: »

What's the clap? Your a brave man if its something that will benefit me, I'd be backing the slap or the 'avoid all contact' with me approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What's the clap?

Ah ignorance... such sweet bliss. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Damn you.

Yes, the feckin baxtard. He has me humming it now, even though I hate it with a vengeance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I have no idea why I am in this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You know what bugs me, and this is not an attack on the OP as he is just one of many, but people who **** up the use of the word fate.

Faith and fate, two separate words people

kryogen wrote: »
    You know what bugs me, and this is not an attack on the OP as he is just one of many, but people who **** up the use of the word fate.

Faith and fate, two separate words people

Mindblown.

What's the clap? Your a brave man if its something that will benefit me, I'd be backing the slap or the 'avoid all contact' with me approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Keyzer wrote: »
    I have no idea why I am in this thread...

Loud noises...... I don't know what we're talking about.......

Seriously I don't know why is it awkward.

Your a brave man if its something that will benefit me
    I think a brave man would really benefit you, OP
    I'd be backing the..
    see, you've already got the right idea :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Time to gloat about picking up the sext student nurse giving them out, Nah Ill save that for another day;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The awkward moment when people still give this guy the attention he craves. Oh wait, I'm doing it too.

PS: Don't say 'Yo' to a girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Are you sure its not John Terry your speaking to online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

My, what a coincidence that after making this thread the only seat in the whole lecture theatre was beside this girl. I totally believe you by the way...

• Advertisement
Advertisement