Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 5

Options
  • 13-09-2012 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

The offical release of the iphone 5 was out yesterday. I know the full spec is not released yet but dones anyone have opinion on where it is beeter that the samsung galaxy S3. if so y ?

still believe that the samsung is a better option due to price and what apple restricts you to.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 toome_01

ya i would have to agree. But it all to do with maximize profits with apple. That's y the 4s came out to compete with the S2 and as you say the iphone 5 should have came out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

toome_01 wrote: »
    ya i would have to agree. But it all to do with maximize profits with apple. That's y the 4s came out to compete with the S2 and as you say the iphone 5 should have came out

When did trying to maximise profits become anathema to a major corporation?

i didn't say it wasn't the main part.The point i was making is that the 4s could have been left out and the iphone 5 released earlier if it was a perfect world and the consumer came first

• Registered Users Posts: 32 frazzlerf92

anyone know roughly what price it is going to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 frazzlerf92

Also how much the 4s will be reduced by when it is released?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ForgottenCandy

Also how much the 4s will be reduced by when it is released?

I've read that the 4s will be reduced by $100 and I think the iphone 4 is free with 2year contract.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This post has been deleted.

What do the S3 and Lumia 920 have/do that the iPhone 5 can't? The screen on the iPhone 5 is smaller but still a good size. In my opinion 4" - 4.3" is the sweet spot for a phone. Obviously, if you like a really big screen the S3 is more appealing. Resolution wise, I doubt any would notice the difference. We know little about the iPhone 5 processor so we can't really compare them there. It's probably a dual core so performance should be similar to the Lumia 920 and US S3 though the euro S3 still trumps it there but like the resolution, I wonder would anyone notice the difference in real world usage. Lack of NFC is hardly a deal breaker either, it's usage will be limited for a couple of years at least. The eye tracking thing on the S3 is a pretty cool idea though.

The iPhone 5 isn't a revolutionary, magical phone that shíts gold bricks but it's a good update that competes quite well and this is coming from someone who will probably never own an iPhone (sticking with android for now but WP8 is looking very nice :)). What sort of changes could they have made that would have made it better?

the accessories the iPhone 5 have are a little better for examlpe, they have redesigned there ear phones. they leak less noise and are much more comfortable.

the s3 screen usesAMOLED which give better black response which make static images appear more clearly and brighter. the iPhone 5 uses ips which gives a more natural look

o an the s3 the a quad core the first ever used in a phone i think which should leave it faster that the iPhone but they may also use one as well. the s2 was quicker than the 4s and i think it with be the same 4 the s3 and iphone 5

s3 cheaper and large screen. o and s3 the micro SD slot 4 more memory

Unlike the iPhone, the Samsung doesn't rely on sync software to transfer files directly either - you can drag and drop files when plugged into a computer over USB.

in conclusion The Samsung Galaxy S3 is more flexible, with expandable memory and a more malleable OS. However, the metal body of Apple's phone feels a lot more premium, and is a much friendlier design for those with less than giant hands. And with the larger 4in screen, it won't feel quite so tiny next to the Samsung Galaxy S3, either.

i think for the moment since memory would be a big thing for me the s3 kicks ass ha

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Hagrid101

Apple are doing well alright, a great thing is the Apps that are made. Everyone's seeking to design apps for Apple because of the range of products they apply across!

I've a question about which would be the best network to use it on. You all probably read that the ip5 has much greater speeds available to it, and in England its capability for 4g speeds.

I suppose its down to Costs -v- Quality? Considering prepay here.

Vodafone might cost the most but have the best quality service in terms of speeds etc.

Three might be the cheapest (20 euro - all you can eat data as well as free texts to any network, free calls to three, and free calls to any network at weekends)

Three certainly have a lot of perks for 20 euro.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Im thinking of going with 3 this time. I was with vodafone for the last 3 years and frankly they are way too dear, plus their website would be reason enough to leave cos it never works. going to wait and see what all the networks offer first then choose, but at the moment its 3.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Get a 3Pay sim first and try it for a week.......

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Hagrid101

Yeah three definitely seems like the best idea, cost wise.

But I looked through a 10 page forum of a guys problem with three and his iphone. long story short, their customer services is horrible (to say the least) and a small claims court action and months of inconvenience before winning and getting sorted, he reckoned they'd be ones to stay clear of.

Begs the question, pay more for quality?

3pay sim idea for a week/while - great idea.

waiting - i agree, I wonder will the networks tailor anything amazing?!

wait and see situation.

new iphone looks cool tho. definitely!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 386dx_009

Its at least 1 year*, (at the very least since the htc one x would have been in final stages of development by Q3 2011) old in tech but that wont stop idiots paying £500+ for a 16gb version, hence apple being able to employ so many in cork.

by January 2013 it will be blown away be the new smart phones out, hell even the htc one x is as good if not better than it as it stands.

good phone and all that but over priced as usual by apple and they dont mention the cpu speeds, battery spec, etc which is the norm for them., not to mention a very convienent nano sim and lovely non standard usb connector.

but i guess 2 x the speed of the last iphone is fast enough for apple fans, even if that means a dual core processor or worse.

(*and LTE really means nothing since hardly anyone will be able to actually utilise it.)

Advertisement