Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding advice

Options
  • 13-09-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey Donegal:),

Following on from another thread i posted in Weddings and have cleared it with Muffler Mod i am just wondering if i can get some feedback please.

I was planning on a civil ceremony in Mt Errigal hotel (just immediate family us it and sit down meal) and then have about 120 for a party with buffet, music etc that night. Anyone any feed back on the hotel? I always thought it was a good hotel- now i am hearing different!!

Most of the other hotels(s Tassie, V Rose, Radission) are not free on our date (really need to stick to this date as hubbie to be will be on hols from work so saves him taking unpaid leave). Would like to stick to this area as its central for people travelling.

Another possibility would be Keys Hotel/Jacksons - any feed back there for the type of day we want?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

<SNIP>

Read the forum charter please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Not sure about the Mount Errigal even though we had out wedding reception there but that was *whisper* nearly 20 years ago it was great then but I've heard a few negative things about it but can you not go and see for yourself?

Kees is brilliant if you want just a small(ish) do and they are quite well known for celebrating civil marriages, I've been to a few anniversary/birthday/funeral events there and really they couldn't do enough for everybody(besides that you'd have the lovely Drumboe woods to have a few photos taken if you liked:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lolly175

Hi Madam,

thanks for your message. I have heard a few bad reports about M Errigal and have just been reading the reviews on trip advisor - not very flattering!! Keys however does get a really good review, so im definately going to have a look at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Don't do it :D on the other hand you could try the villa rose in ballybofey.

Oh lord, i cant believe how unpopular it has become. Villa rose is booked unfortunately as is Silver Tassie. Keys hotel is free and ive read really good things about it and my parents were at at wedding a few years back and said it was lovely. They said the same about VR also - would have loved to have it there.

Anyone any feedback on djs? And hair and make up?? Im living away from there so long now i have no idea where to start so really do appreciate the feedback!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dcfc

An Grianan in Burt is really nice too! The edge in Letterkenny is good for hair and makeup and I think they have a private room or brides and bridesmaids, might be a nice experience. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

We had our reception in Kees back in 2005 & it was nice. We planned everything from abroad & they were very accomodating, and on the day they were great. We had pretty low requirements, and only about 60 guests. We had a family friend play some live music in the lobby during the meet & greet & then the dinner/dancing was pretty normal.

Photos in Drumboe "woods" are a no-go though...they were gorgeous when a SIL got married in 2002ish but had been completely chopped down when we were there in 2005...we took our photos attempting to do that far-off contemplative gaze staring off-camera onto a building site. :D

HI guys, thanks again for the replies. Im going to head up and visit a few places. Its very stressful trying to get the right place!! It would be so much easier to elope!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

dcfc wrote: »
    An Grianan in Burt is really nice too! The edge in Letterkenny is good for hair and makeup and I think they have a private room or brides and bridesmaids, might be a nice experience. Good luck

An Grianan is a bit pricey though for guests staying the night. I went to a wedding there in March and rang a month in advance to book a room. I was told it was €129 for double room. Decided it was too expensive so i left it.
    Then on the night of the wedding, i heard that they still had loads of rooms available, so at around midnight i thought i would chance my arm and ask again........€129 was the reply.
    I said i would give €80 for the room (considering i would not even be in the room until the bar shut, and i would have to check out before midday.) Receptionist was not interested. I thought they would be glad to take 80 euro for the room, rather have them lying empty and get nothing!!

Martyeds, my parents have actually said something similiar about staying there. And as people will be travelling quite a distance we dont want to put too much expense on them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I heard recently from guests attending a wedding the Mt Errigal alright that it wasn't a great wedding spot. To each their own though.
    I hear a lot of good reports about weddings in Jacksons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 enthralled1

Anyone any feedback on djs? And hair and make up?? Im living away from there so long now i have no idea where to start so really do appreciate the feedback!:)[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    I have PM you about this.

Advertisement