Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 6GM maps

• 13-09-2012 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the GM yet? Are the maps any better than the beta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

They're still utterly rubbish. There is no awareness of any rural locations - i.e. no townlands at all! No villages listed either. Terrible! :(

The only difference I've noticed is that the colour surrounds on the labels of roads in Ireland is now coordinated with the national system - i.e. green around 'N11', blue around 'M9', etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Hopefully a lot will change by next week but probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Google Maps should get a release in he coming weeks. Apple removing both YouTube and Google Maps, and Google releasing their updated versions is like an extra feature of iOS 6 for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tunesmiff

I've found that they've added a lot more street/business detail in the GM build compared to the Beta 4 build. At least here in Galway, all the walking streets in the city centre are now populated with seemingly up-to-date listings. Ireland have also started to see the 3D maps with Dublin now being in 3D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DubDJ wrote: »
    Google Maps should get a release in he coming weeks. Apple removing both YouTube and Google Maps, and Google releasing their updated versions is like an extra feature of iOS 6 for me :D

Agreed, don't know why people panicked. Once there's a Google maps app available then there's no change.

I'd say the Apple Maps will get better with time.

So let them compete and improve each other. Consumer wins.

• Advertisement

Tunesmiff wrote: »
    Ireland have also started to see the 3D maps with Dublin now being in 3D.

Dublin is not in 3D. It just has the building outlines. Also while looking I spotted that Dublin Zoo is now in Exchequer Street - makes it closer for tourists to visit I guess! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tunesmiff

bkehoe wrote: »
    Dublin is not in 3D. It just has the building outlines. Also while looking I spotted that Dublin Zoo is now in Exchequer Street - makes it closer for tourists to visit I guess! ;)

Admittedly it's just the city centre areas but Dublin is in full 3D in the satellite view, this is notably only available on 4S/5 and iPad(3rd) though I believe.

Actually sorry, you're right, I forgot to switch to hybrid or satellite view!

Advertisement