Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale but withdrawn from Daft

Options
  • 13-09-2012 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi

Just a quick question to see if anyone else has experienced this?

I almost went SA on house month ago to be outbid by "private bidder" who approched vedors themselves and paid deposit next day. This was 4/5 weeks ago now and the "For Sale" sign is still outside the house as of yesterday! The house was withdrawn from daft.ie week/10days ago & not marked SA in SA page, but sign still up outside house. I phoned EA when withdrawn from daft and he said the house sale was going through.

I find this strange that an EA would leave a sign up outside even though the sale is apparently going ahead. This hosue was previously SA in March and sign put up then and on SA page on site. I'm adament it's a doggy bidder, should I phone EA again or get a stranger to phone say they seen the sign outside the house and want to view it?

Any thought appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Leave your details and tell them that you are very interested in making a bid.

Leave it at that. If the house is for sale they will contact you.

I would say hold tight personally, if you have bid as far as you are prepared to go then leave it at that. If it comes back onto the market or if it they are in a position to offer it to you, I can guarantee they will be back to you without delay.

There should be more houses coming onto the market over the next two months so move on if you think they are playing silly buggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I think it's normal to keep for sale sign up until contracts are signed. This could take a couple of months.

It generates interest for the EA, who tells the enquirer actually that one is SA but we have house x or y which might suit you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Plus of course we still have an abundance of crap EAs who are just too incompetent and lazy to take the signs down.

Advertisement