Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi receipt & IRE notation

• 13-09-2012 10:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed on my Aldi receipt yesterday, for the first time, the word **IRE written after some items. I think it was ketchup and milk.
    I presume it denotes produced in Ireland.
    When did this itemisation start and does it indicate the Republic or the whole island?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not really a consumer issue, moving to Food & Drink

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,786 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

More of a consumer query rather than a discussion about Food or Drink, but we'll leave it here now.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

snubbleste wrote: »
    Noticed on my Aldi receipt yesterday, for the first time, the word **IRE written after some items. I think it was ketchup and milk.
    I presume it denotes produced in Ireland.
    When did this itemisation start and does it indicate the Republic or the whole island?

Did you ring them? Like alot of these in house schemes the retailer can make up their own criteria so it maybe ROI or Ireland, only they can clarify your question.

Tesco use to have a shamrock on their receipt beside Irish products but I think they dropped that years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

As far as I know it refers to Ireland in general. A lot of their dairy products come from the north and they advertise them as Irish. I find you have to read the labels on each product in order to be sure.

Advertisement