Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll booths too difficult for some?

• 13-09-2012 10:39am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't today, was monday I think. I was coming up to the toll booth from the shannon side. Just passed the first barrier, and met a woman coming back from the toll booth direction, heading into the exit you'd use if your tag didn't scan. :eek:

I beeped her to let her know that she was as mad as a box of frogs, and she was annoyed that I beeped her!

She then proceeded to do a U turn in that area.

http://goo.gl/maps/n5Q9l

I can only assume she forgot she had a toll tag, and wasn't aware that you could use it in any lane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

MarkR wrote: »
    <snip>
    I can only assume she forgot she had a toll tag, and wasn't aware that you could use it in any lane.
    indeed, because a neon light saying "eToll" above every lane just isnt obvious enough!

See here:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=limerick&hl=en&ll=52.670111,-8.699884&spn=0.019726,0.048194&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.41771,86.572266&t=h&hnear=Limerick,+County+Limerick,+Ireland&layer=c&cbll=52.669939,-8.699803&panoid=pqslvoN2TbUueA95kkLI7Q&cbp=12,178.08,,1,3.12&z=15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Last year I followed a car on the M3. Both into the tag lane and I noticed his didn't register or he haddnt one. He never slowed a bit and just drive through the barrier as if it wasn't there and kept going.
    I intentionally passed him down the road and couldn't see a mark on the front of his car, the barriers must be well padded.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

bbam wrote: »
    Last year I followed a car on the M3. Both into the tag lane and I noticed his didn't register or he haddnt one. He never slowed a bit and just drive through the barrier as if it wasn't there and kept going.
    I intentionally passed him down the road and couldn't see a mark on the front of his car, the barriers must be well padded.

I've seen a 4x4 with a shattered windscreen just after it, so it can cause damage. Must have been lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I met a car coming down the slip road by the cement factory twice, both times an old lady was driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

People are idiots, end of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

krudler wrote: »
    People are idiots, end of.

Aren't you a people?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I met a car coming down the slip road by the cement factory twice, both times an old lady was driving.

I've seen that one several times... People obviously forget that the toll is there and then turn back down that slip to avoid the €1.80.

Similarly I've seen people reversing back on the hard shoulder at the other end at the Radisson on the Ennis road trying to get back from the entrance to the toll road to get down on to the old road...

Doesn't just happen with Toll-roads either - People reversing back to missed exits etc. happens everywhere

Just don't get that at all - You've made a mistake, just deal with it..

Why people are willing to risk their lives and the lives of others rather than drive to the next exit or whatever just never ceases to amaze me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

bbam wrote: »
    Aren't you a people?

I know I'm a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ABlur

What about when you are planning to use the e-toll lane but the person behind you decides they will follow you in about 3 metres behind at full speed. Both of you are then directed into the lane on the left as the system cant cope!

I find the toll outside Portlaoise much better it detects your tag much earlier whereas with Limerick you are never sure if it is going to accept it til you get to the barrier. Really annoys me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I hate the Limerick Toll with a passion. If there is a car in front of me using the lane then I will not use it because invariably they STOP under the scanner(in the express lane) and then crawl along waiting for the light to go green.

YOU IDIOTS!! THERE IS A SENSOR ON THE GROUND, IT GOES GREEN WHEN YOU DRIVE OVER IT NOT BECAUSE YOU THINK IT TAKES A FEW SECONDS TO CALCULATE YOUR TAG. :mad:

I'm off to Dublin tomorrow and know damn well that the Portlaoise Plaza will be a doddle. I know that I can pass under it about 65km/h and it will open instantly where as the Limerick one is tempermental if you do anything above 50km/h(same equipment I remind you - I know because I worked on the building of a Plaza - Watergrasshill).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

yes that happened us too. didnt notice the driver.

Advertisement