Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Book Allowance this year?

Options
  • 13-09-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Does anyone know if they are doing the BTEA book alowance this year? I heard its being scrapped? Might have been hear say. Finding it hard to find info online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Been cut to 300 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

They will still give it to you. Cut to 300

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

Ah i see that's good. As long as it's still there. I found the 500 a bit excessive last year although i wasn't complaining. The 300 should be grand for me but i don't know about other courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Well when people have to pay the student service charge of €250, then maybe €100+ for books the €300 runs out fairly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

But the €300 isn't for your student service charge. It's for books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Sorry if I muddied the water with another issue. I know officially its designated for books, but it would have been nice had it not dropped by €200. Would certainly help contributing to the €250 service charge or other college costs. Anyhoo I could rant on about this but I'll withdraw from the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

Any idea of when it comes through?

Luckily I was approved early and completed registration a week ago, so I've been officially switched over since Wednesday
    My first €188 arrived into my account on Thursday, never been so happy to be turned down in the post office

I'm thinking it might be around the 24th which is the start of term for us

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

Maldesu wrote: »
    But the €300 isn't for your student service charge. It's for books.

AFAIK Its no longer a "book allowance", its now known as a "cost of education allowance"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I heard it was October but I'm not 100% sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

Luckily I was approved early and completed registration a week ago, so I've been officially switched over since Wednesday
    My first €188 arrived into my account on Thursday, never been so happy to be turned down in the post office

I'm thinking it might be around the 24th which is the start of term for us

Is this the first year you get it? If so then it won't be that soon. People in their first year get it weeks into the course, I was told it was a just in case you drop out thing. If it's not your first year then should be around the first week in October.

• Advertisement
Advertisement