Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to BOI

Options
  • 13-09-2012 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I am considering moving all my banking to BOI from AIB.

Do BOI offer interest free overdrafts to 3rd Level students? I have a €1,500 with AIB which I don't want to lose and it is the only reason I still have an AIB account. -It saved me when I was in America and had to go hospital..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Vuzuggu,

Thanks for considering switching to us.

We do not offer interest free overdrafts on Third Level Accounts, however, we currently offer a Grant Advance Overdraft. With this facility you don't have to pay any interest for 9 months while you wait for your grant money to come through. The Grant Advance Overdraft must be fully repaid within 9 months to avoid interest charges. After 9 months the standard student variable interest rate will apply on any outstanding balance. The standard student variable rate is 11.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) variable as at 1st May 2011 and is subject to change. All applications are dealt with on a case by case basis and are subject to approval. More information on this offer and our Third Level Accounts is available on our dedicated Student Banking website.

Hope this helps but if you do have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement