Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which sander to sand floors (100m2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

dude you will ending up throwing that out the window after 10m2

just rent one of these http://www.azhire.ie/equipment.hire.products.dublin.ireland.php?sectionnumber=123&number=479

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭terencemc

Cheers...Are they good for corners and edges or would I need a small one aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

jameshayes wrote: »
    dude you will ending up throwing that out the window after 10m2

just rent one of these http://www.azhire.ie/equipment.hire.products.dublin.ireland.php?sectionnumber=123&number=479

+1 for this, you'll fly through with one of these. Yep you'd need another small sander for the edges. You'll probably have a border of about 2inches where this these can't get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Soups123

Glad I came across this as I am an absolute novice but have a job to be done at home, the upstairs is complete covered in the original floor boards.

Questions with this hired sander do you simply sweep up the dust when finish and/or any tips as to the easiest/quickest way of doing this before varnishing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Soups123 wrote: »
    Glad I came across this as I am an absolute novice but have a job to be done at home, the upstairs is complete covered in the original floor boards.

Questions with this hired sander do you simply sweep up the dust when finish and/or any tips as to the easiest/quickest way of doing this before varnishing?

You'll be drinking it in your tea for a week... pain in the ass but yea, wait for it to settle then sweep / hoover it up (then repeat x 10)

• Advertisement
Advertisement