Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi / Dr Oetker icing/marzipan

Options
  • 13-09-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi,
    What's the general opinion of Dr. Oetker ready to roll icing and marzipan?

They're both on offer Thursday 20th Sept. I'm thinking of stocking up if they're good but no point if they're rubbish.

Cheers,
    Vic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Haven't tried Dr.Oetker roll out icing or marzipan but I have tried Gem's brand and they were both fine.
    Can't see there being a difference just because of the name..you can't really go wrong with roll out icing/marzipan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

not tried the marzipan. But the icing is fine. If you're doing flowers or intricate sugarcraft, you may want to add a bit of CMC powder to it. (you can get a little bag of that for a few euro in baking shops)
    Taste wise, some people say it tastes chlorine-ey but I don't think so. The Renshaw sugarpaste has the nicest taste though imo. Thats about 19euro for 5k of it.

Go for it, if it's on special offer. x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PigeonPie

I've used it quite a few times, both the marzipan and the ready to roll icing and it's fine. Does the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I used both for my Christmas cakes Last year, they are perfect!

Advertisement