Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balloons :)

Options
  • 13-09-2012 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi All,

I may require some assistants in the near future :)

Currently, I am looking to fill a room (Approx size of a large sitting room) full of large(ish) balloons, and require one or two assistants to help with the inflation..

If anybody is interested around the Dublin 5 area, or has some spare time in the mornings let me know :)

It wont be for about another 2 weeks anyway..

Gimme a holler if interested in helping :)

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Why not just order them already blown up? I don't think it's wise to ask strangers from the internet to come to your house to blow up balloons. Why not ask a friend/relative/neighbour if you can't buy them blown up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Balloonboy

Thanks Cathmandoo!

I could order them blown up but it would mean that I would have to collect and pay for the orders of each one, which can be expensive :)

They wont be for my house anyway, lol, I will be bringing them to a venue..

I have asked a couple of relatives and they declined, also I dont want a "particular" person to know about the balloons until they attend something that I have planned :)

Thanks though for your concern there, appreciated :)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sure gets yourself an inflation pump or a helium cannister, it'll make the job a lot easier than using the air in your lungs, then it hopefully wouldn't take you too long. Plus it would be cheaper than ordering pre-inflated ones!

Best of luck with it, it sounds amazing, I love balloons!!

Thanks Cathmandoo!!

I have a small airbed pump which I can use, but doesnt always make them full of is sometimes tricky to use as the balloons I have are not normal sized, and the mouth of them are quite large (which the pump hose really doesnt fit)

I also love balloons (hence the name LOL)

:):)

Actually....

Cheeky of me to ask perhaps, but Cathmadoo, you wouldnt happen to know anywhere that has large sized balloons by any chance would you?

Around Dublin like?

I am usually looking for specific shape, size etc so can be tricky for me to get them :(

I usually use www.topballon.de (if you have a look at their site you will see that they dont really sell "Normal" balloons)

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Wow they are some funky ballons. Must tag this site for the furture... Don't know if tis anygood to you either but have you seen the mini helium canister you can buy online for filling balloons.. Quite handy

Thanks Milly!

Yeah, I have seen those canisters before :)

I dont want them to float, so probably will use my trusty airbed pump :)

Yeah, that site is great actually too, and they ship quite quickly... Only thing is they are great for ordering flat balloons and not inflated lol

B

haha sure no wonder they dont ship them inflated...The size of them yeah !! :)

If i was in Dublin i would say yes just for the laugh to see them but unfortunetly in Cork.. Good luck with the hunt though...Nab a few kids or something offer to give them a cinema ticket i am sure thats legal

Thanks Milly..

This time they are actually for a surprise party thingy, but other than that yes, I do have a balloon hobby LOL...

I have a couple of giant 8foot balloons that i ordered before from that site and they are great fun though!! And I also have a couple of balloons that I ordered too called "Airships" or "Zepplins" (see below link to their page)

http://www.topballon.de/epages/61418056.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61418056/Categories/%22ZEPPELINE%20%26%20FIGUREN%22

Yeah, it is a pity you are in cork and cant see them LOL

B

Haha I have to say some of those balloons do not look like what the say, a little naughty :). I think you should put the link to the page in the sites thread think tis on this forum.. I am so going to have to get some.. Halloween there we go sorted

• Advertisement

Hahaha..

Milly I think it would be a bad idea to post it in the forum thread LOL, Im not here to offend anyone with my "Interest" LOL

I agree with you though, they are fab! And they would be ideal to liven up a boring halloween party :):) LOL

Naughty :) I like that! Hahahaha

B

Advertisement