Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g down in tramore waterford

• 13-09-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi all. I have lost connection to 3g on my phone and meteor wireless hotspot. I am wondering if the network is down. I am picking up 3g but as I said no 3g. If any body else is experiencing difficulties please reply. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Balloonboy

Hi there!

Couple of questions...

1: What type of Phone have you got?
    2: Have you phone and Broadband stopped working at almost the exact same time?
    3: Wherabouts is your current location in Tramore?

I may be able to help if you can let me know the above :)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

Balloonboy wrote: »
    Hi there!

Couple of questions...

1: What type of Phone have you got?
    2: Have you phone and Broadband stopped working at almost the exact same time?
    3: Wherabouts is your current location in Tramore?

I may be able to help if you can let me know the above :)

B
    Hi. I've got a Samsung galaxy s2 with emobile. Huawei hotspot with meteor. Both work on 3g network. Location. Somerville. Both connect to 2g but not 3g at the moment. 2 different companies. Same problem. Thanks.

Two different companies with the same mast connections, both run through Meteor servers as they are both affiliated with eircom etc.

I may be able to resolve your Galaxy issue:

1: Turn your phone on, and switch off all connections (Wifi, 3G etc)
    2: Lock the screen on your phone
    3: Remove the back cover, and take the battery out

(Step 3 will force you handset to relocate onto a different mast with a stronger 3G service, probably on the Mast which is located at the top of the hill on the Fire Station)

4: replace battery and turn on your phone, wait for 5 minutes and then turn your 3G on....

Hey presto :)

With your hotspot, I am not 100% sure, but hope that resolves your handset issues...

B

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

Balloonboy wrote: »
    Two different companies with the same mast connections, both run through Meteor servers as they are both affiliated with eircom etc.

I may be able to resolve your Galaxy issue:

1: Turn your phone on, and switch off all connections (Wifi, 3G etc)
    2: Lock the screen on your phone
    3: Remove the back cover, and take the battery out

(Step 3 will force you handset to relocate onto a different mast with a stronger 3G service, probably on the Mast which is located at the top of the hill on the Fire Station)

4: replace battery and turn on your phone, wait for 5 minutes and then turn your 3G on....

Hey presto :)

With your hotspot, I am not 100% sure, but hope that resolves your handset issues...

B

Hi again. I followed your advice. The handset is still on 2g. And the hotspot is still the same. Hopefully it's a network problem. I have since rang emobile. They say they have a team working on a mast here. I also rang meteor. They say the mast is fine. If they both use the same mast maybe it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
    Hopefully. Thanks for the replies. Most helpful.

No Probs..

Well good luck with it anyway, but yes, if one mast is down for eMobile then it is also down for Meteor as they run the same routing and work off the same masts/repeaters..

The customer care rep that you spoke to would not be savvy to that information however, so most likely not their fault :)

It is advisable to do my previous comment once a week or fortnightly anyway as Samsung/HTC/Sony all need to be hard rebooted every so often..

iPhone do not need this to be completed at any stage as no network in Ireland/England carry their settings anyway, so for informational purposes, dont buy an iPhone unless you want to be severely dissapointed in the near future and also stuck in a lenghitly contract with a terrible handset :)

(sorry for my rant there, I have had two very bad apple experiences with two seperate handsets LOL)

• Advertisement
Advertisement