Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice period

Options
  • 13-09-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I handed in my notice on the 7th September to focus on my studies and other things, saying my last day would be the 5th as it is a Friday - 7th October is a Sunday. My boss is now saying a number of things:
    1) That my notice period is a month not 4 weeks therefore I have to come in for two days following week anyway (1 month ends on a Sunday)
    2) He offered me different terms, (money, workload etc) I said no. He offered me parttime work (which he had refused to grant me before) and I said no, but he asked me to think about it. I came back next day and said no, but now he says since we were in "negotiations" my notice period did not start to run
    3) I said I was leaving regardless and he said he was contacting HR to put an injunction on me, says due to operational demand notice periods can be extended

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you a surgeon? Rocket scientist? CEO of a company????

If you're not something like that, then HR are probably still killing themselves laughing at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

agree with JustMary, wtf are you working as OP

You boss obviously wants to keep you and as you dont want to stay he is being a p*ick about it, nobody is that irreplaceable NOBODY, advise him to skip on down to the dole office Im sure he will have plenty of people biting his hand off

Nice ego boost for you though :D

sorry sorry didnt answer your question, tell him your outta there on the 5th as per your resignation letter and if you dont receive your P45 with your last pay packet then you will be reporting him to the Revenue who officially own every P45 issued in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No I am the office dogsbody! But since since staff is so low now I have to be in early every day first (we used to all share) and if I leave he will have to do it. Plus he hoists loads of work on me that is really his, is very critical of everything I say, but knows I don't let him down so I am aware he he being selfish but is making things difficult

Advertisement