Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's the story with the burka ???

Options
  • 13-09-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Just saw a girl around campus there with a burka on. I also saw her around last week for orientation. Just wondering if anyone knows what the orientation lads did for her I.D card picture when they were taking it... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

mind your own business

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Nice to see somethings don't change. Exactly the same 20 odd years back. Always some random pointing and whispering at someone perceived to be "different".

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Billyum

uh oh! Here come the pc brigade :rolleyes: kind of an interesting question, but hardly worth a question on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

maybe because she wearing a burka her photo would have her wearing a burka?
    But the next time you see her ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

Billyum wrote:
    uh oh! Here come the pc brigade

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

old hippy wrote: »
    Nice to see somethings don't change. Exactly the same 20 odd years back. Always some random pointing and whispering at someone perceived to be "different".

Well, she is different...

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Wonder if these burka wearers get special treatment at airports, etc ?
    Can't see how the visual identity thing is handled if the passenger is wearing a burka.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Billyum

They have to lift their veils when being checked in no exceptions, but they can request to be taken to a private room and to be checked by a female staff member

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This thread isn't going to go anywhere good, is it. I can appreciate that the question was innocently wondering though. I doubt that anyone posting will have a definitive answer on what they did for the ID card photo. You could be brave and politely ask the person in question, though they may want to just get on with their day. Other than that, it's a bit unfair to be posting about some random student who isn't in anything resembling a public position. Hence, no, I know where this will go.

With regard to airports, etc, you'll find your answer via google. Try to avoid the Richard Littlejohn article that will probably come up at the top of the results search though. That way madness lies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement