Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At what price point do you choose indirect over direct

Options
  • 13-09-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about DUB - MCO route here as Orlando is an expensive holiday, I mentioned in another thread that I would want to be saving 5 / €600 for a family of four before I'd choose flying indirect with Delta / American Airlines over direct with AL.

Was looking at some dates, Delta were €1800+, AL €2500+, a difference of about €700, At what price different would you choose indirect?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I actually prefer to fly indirect - it helps me avoid AL who I hate to fly with. It also helps to avoid certain airports, and bizarrely usually is cheaper than flying direct.

But I'm an adult who travels with other adults, no children. I like the leg stretch and the chance to get non airline food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

A lot would depend on how old the kids are... with babies or teenagers, I'd chose the two leg cheaper flights pretty quickly. With toddlers or young school kids, it would take a lot for me to choose indirect flights, both because of the potential for delay and trying to drag them quickly through an airport.

Advertisement