Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a ring....advice please

Options
  • 13-09-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

This thread was booted out of the ladies lounge so i'll ask here!
    Want to buy a ring as a gift for my gf of a year as an anniversary gift. I would like it to have a stone of some description but want to avoid the possibility of it being mistaken for an engagement ring. Where can nice and not tacky/nasty rings be bought in through Dublin region. Not sure about cost but again if i end up splashing 3months wages on it that would feel like overkill. General advice and ideas welcome.

Further to questions raised in the other now closed thread...

Welshe pointed out a very cheap ring is shop that she liked the look of and i have a feeling this was done to convey to me the style she likes...i'm pretty sure she knows Im not gonna be proposing any time soon as i've hinted as much to her. I kind of get the impression she'd like a ring as a gift but just that, a gift. God all this smoke and mirrors stuff is not my scene, just wanna get her a nice ring cause i love her and want to mark a milestone with her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

You could look for a claddagh ring in the Celtic Spirit store in Stephens Green shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You hinting at her that you're not going to propose doesn't mean you're not going to propose, somebody who is intending on proposing will be doing the exact same thing. Given that proposal rings are in your heads it could easily be her hinting at you to propose. It's very dangerous :pac:

Why not just get her the ring she pointed out? If it's way under budget you could get her other jewellery too? Giving her a ring and something else at the exact same time makes it clearer that it's not a proposal. To me anyway!

Personally, I'd steer clear of a ring or go buy it together and go along the lines of: 'you said before that you'd like a ring, would you like me to buy you one for your birthday?'

Advertisement