Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is work good for you or detrimental?

• 13-09-2012 1:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Something to think about on this fine Thursday afternoon. The stress of it destroys many people's lives.

Comments

Something to think about on this fine Thursday afternoon. The stress of it destroys many people's lives.
    Bit of both, although i've been unemployed for 2 months and am dying to get back to work

I could probably earn more if I tried for a better job but to be honest I have so many silly hobbies and the like that I am happy to stick to being a lowly programmer with little stress, and no management responsibilities... plus once I do my minimum work I am on flexi time meaning I can have days off if and when I want them. Means I am not rich and not saving very fast but the freedom and lack of stress is difficult to put a price on. Nor am I that ambitious really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

After being made redundant and getting a new fulltime job only two years later, it beats the hell out of collecting the dole cheque and signing on, on a thursday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I work to support my social life .... Jack daniels, coke and sluts aint cheap !

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

If you enjoy it, it's probably good for you.

If you hate it, it's definitely bad for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if you have a job you love, good. if like most people you hate it, then bad.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ive gone from a job that I really enjoyed, to a job I hate. Really really hate. Ive been sick constantly since starting here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

antodeco wrote: »
    Ive gone from a job that I really enjoyed, to a job I hate. Really really hate. Ive been sick constantly since starting here

You're not on steve's clean up team at fukushima by any chance are you ?

Advertisement