Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne House Hotel - Failure to Homour Deal Voucher

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It seems that the general consensus here is that second-best is good enough for most people.

No, I think what is good enough for most people is being reasonable and rational when faced with service issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,088 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No, I think what is good enough for most people is being reasonable and rational when faced with service issues.

That depends on how convincing they are at apologising, if they bother to apologise at all, and whether they've got a really good excuse. There's no way of telling how long a particular service issue has gone on. The issue at the hotel in question may have been reported by a previous occupant for all we know, and for whatever reason the hotel may have let it slide.

If the hotel was on the verge of being liquidated, it's quite possible that they couldn't recruit a plumber to fix the problem, as the local tradesmen would probably steer clear of the place because they imagined that they might not get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Ate you certain this was a pre- existing problem?, if the company is about to go into liquidation, do you think the owners would have told the staff in advance?, not likely

davo10 wrote: »
    Ate you certain this was a pre- existing problem?, if the company is about to go into liquidation, do you think the owners would have told the staff in advance?, not likely

I didn't say that it was a pre-existing problem, but "may" have been.

Some of the staff might have had an inkling that things were bad, the reduction in the number of customers being one hint.

Some employers are up-front about these things, whereas others are too gutless and tell them on the day that they close down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Whats expected here ? ... there are hundreds of thousands of reviews on Tripadvisor of bad hotel experiences.

I doubt those people got refunds.

All booking a hotel guarantees you is a bed to sleep in and breakfast if you paid for it. Thats all they specifically advertise.

Everything after that can be argued as 'beyond the hotels control'

E.G.
    Power outage
    Cold water due to an unusually high amount of usage
    Building works nearby (Noise)

Now if they said "Guaranteed hot morning shower" then it would be a different story.

Also.. hot water is not a basic human right, water is.

• Advertisement

Whats expected here ? ... there are hundreds of thousands of reviews on Tripadvisor of bad hotel experiences.

I doubt those people got refunds.

All booking a hotel guarantees you is a bed to sleep in and breakfast if you paid for it. Thats all they specifically advertise.

Everything after that can be argued as 'beyond the hotels control'

E.G.
    Power outage
    Cold water due to an unusually high amount of usage
    Building works nearby (Noise)

Now if they said "Guaranteed hot morning shower" then it would be a different story.

Also.. hot water is not a basic human right, water is.

The trouble with staying in the local doss-house is that your shoes will probably be gone when you wake up.

The trouble with staying in the local doss-house is that your shoes will probably be gone when you wake up.

Wouldn't know ... never stayed in a doss house.

Wouldn't know ... never stayed in a doss house.

I think that some people here may have stayed in one by accident and are using it as a yard-stick for 3 star accommodation.

I think that some people here may have stayed in one by accident and are using it as a yard-stick for 3 star accommodation.

I never go off star ratings, just off reviews / recommendations from friends.

Besides .. that whole star rating craic doesn't really apply in a lot of countries.

Advertisement