Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eduroam constantly asks for password

Options
  • 13-09-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

My eduroam connection asks for user name and password every ~30 mins and if fail to do so it disconnects. I have ticked the box to save credentials

It didn't happen last year so I am not sure what happened. Any solutions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,182 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

doctorg wrote: »
    My eduroam connection asks for user name and password every ~30 mins and if fail to do so it disconnects. I have ticked the box to save credentials

It didn't happen last year so I am not sure what happened. Any solutions? :)

I've been there for 2 years now and only ever use WLAN, is eduroam only for staff or is there a password I should have for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

Liam O wrote: »
    I've been there for 2 years now and only ever use WLAN, is eduroam only for staff or is there a password I should have for it?

I can use WaveLan fine but steam and other things doesn't work on that. So I need eduroam. Its not Staff only. The username and password are those of your ucdconnect account.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mc_teo

WaveLAN only allows traffic on port 80, which is needed for general web browsing. For anything else (e.g. Steam) you need more ports which you can use when on Eduroam.

Here is a link on how to set up Eduroam on Windows 7. Eduroam is present in many Universities in Ireland and worldwide, so if set up correctly should work there automatically too.

Also, the certificate needed for access has been updated during this summer, so you have to do this again now, which is probably why you are getting this repeating login.

Advertisement