Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ios6 features

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

So basically siri stays the same really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,173 ✭✭✭✭Penn

We're not even getting Facebook and Twitter integration?

F*cking Switzerland are getting it! South f*cking Korea are getting it!

If the UK are getting it how difficult could it possibly be for us to get it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

is it possible to just activate as UK to get these features?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

It's a bit of a joke, we could've easly had the Facebook/twitter integration.Anybody know how to complain to about about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

mrpants wrote: »
    It's a bit of a joke, we could've easly had the Facebook/twitter integration.Anybody know how to complain to about about this?

This is a big let down alright. Was certain Siri could localise with the help of yelp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

I've been using ios6 since the first beta Siri has been updated in Ireland.

Sports/movies came in with the first beta, and local search came in with the third I think. It's not very extensive, because it uses yelp, which doesn't seem to be very popular in Ireland yet. But it works, I've been using it a lot the last few weeks.

As for Facebook/twitter integration, I don't use Facebook but the option is there in settings, and twitter integration has been around since ios5.

What a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So Siri remains the same useless gimmick it's always been here.

So Siri remains the same useless gimmick it's always been here.

I think i've used it about 10 times on my 4S and all of them within first week of release.
    Load of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Same here. Once I got through all the easter-eggs and 'tell me a story' stuff that was it. Even when I try to use it via my earphone mic to play music it invariably gets it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

I am running IOS 6 on my iPad 2 & iPhone 4 and it defo has Facebook integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i only want to use dictation

Turn by turn maps will be very useful.
    As will panorama photo.

Turn by turn maps will be very useful.
    As will panorama photo.

Will use the turn-by-turn later & see how it goes. Place names are very bad though unfortunately. I was trying to find somewhere earlier. Wasnt easy at all.

No panarama camera on my iPad 2 or iPhone 4. Will have to wait for the iPhone 5 I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

I know it's only little things that we aren't getting but I feel let down. The Siri Facebook/twitter thing I probably wouldn't use but I want to have it and the location thing I want that too coz i might need it someday. As for Siri itself, I'd use it to send a text when I'm busy but that's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Im running it too and it defo has got Facebook and twitter integration. Siri seems to be running much better also. It searches places now. I just told it I was feeling sick and my doctors surgery popped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sure haven't we got Twitter intergration already on iOS 5?

My phone does anyhow, don't see how it's location based.

As for Siri, I find it works ok. I speak slowly for things like setting alarms/ countdowns.

It would be nice to get full Irish integration, which I'm sure will come.

It's in its infancy and I think it will become more useful as it develops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Johnzy Fitzgerald

I'm just gonna jump in and state that Facebook and Twitter integration is also a reality on my iPhone 4.

Proof of the Facebook integration below (hope the image isn't massive)...

iOS6Facebook.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I'm just gonna jump in and state that Facebook and Twitter integration is also a reality on my iPhone 4.

Proof of the Facebook integration below (hope the image isn't massive)...

We're talking about the ability to use Facebook and twitter via Siri here, not about standard Facebook integration.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Johnzy Fitzgerald

Oops! Apologies. :o
    That's what I get for skimming.

• Advertisement

L5 wrote: »
    We're talking about the ability to use Facebook and twitter via Siri here, not about standard Facebook integration.

Ok, so it's all down to Siri intergration which we all knew about anyway. It's not really a big deal is it.

Will Passbook be any use to us here? A lot of Living Social etc vouchers are emailed and you can show them on your iPhone. Wonder if any of them will avail of it?

naasrd wrote: »
    Will Passbook be any use to us here? A lot of Living Social etc vouchers are emailed and you can show them on your iPhone. Wonder if any of them will avail of it?

I have passbook and when I open it the only option I am getting is 'App Store' down the bottom. When i hit that it brings me to the App Store but nothing comes up :confused:

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    I have passbook and when I open it the only option I am getting is 'App Store' down the bottom. When i hit that it brings me to the App Store but nothing comes up :confused:

Hopefully there'll be something of use to us there soon. Great opportunity for Aer Lingus to make the leap. Ryanair even. And maybe a cinema or two.

Hopefully there'll be something of use to us there soon. Great opportunity for Aer Lingus to make the leap. Ryanair even. And maybe a cinema or two.

Would also be good to have those supermarket loyalty cards on them too.

I'm sure it will ramp up once companies here get going.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Would also be good to have those supermarket loyalty cards on them too.

I'm sure it will ramp up once companies here get going.

Yeah when you think of it there's so much out there. Wonder if it'll be a loyalty card killer? God knows, as much as I love them, you end up with dozens.

Yeah when you think of it there's so much out there. Wonder if it'll be a loyalty card killer? God knows, as much as I love them, you end up with dozens.

Yes, also use the Dart so my monthly travelsaver Dart would be a good one too.

Really, there are lots of possibilities.

Just a pity that after yesterday that Apple are a dying coimpany and won't be around long enough to see these ideas stick!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm not too letdown. It's mostly Siri feature's lacking and I won't use it much anyway. Just for a bit of fun at the start. On a side note I didn't realise how few countries actually have TV Shows. I was thinking Ireland was left out but looks like most were.

I'd say places like Starbucks and Subway will support the Passbook app. My friends use the Subway app regularly it'll be handy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

I can't speak for Facebook, but I post to twitter using Siri on the ios6 gm.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the subway app is very handy. I use Siri a lot for alarms, adding meetings to calendar and sending texts or short emails. Overall I'm happy enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement