Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ios6 features

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

srumball wrote: »
    I cant seem to get 3d flyover to work anywhere, have tried citied like new york etc. any tips

Do you have an iphone 4 ? It looks like it's only supported on 4S and above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

srumball wrote: »
    I cant seem to get 3d flyover to work anywhere, have tried citied like new york etc. any tips

What device do you have, I think flyover is only supported on 4S and above or iPad 2 and above. Requires a good data connection too.
    thomasj wrote: »
    Is Google maps on the app store.

We don't want people going to a hair salon thinking its the zoo!

Google maps isn't on the app store it's not a requirement to have iOS 6 to see Google Maps on the app store.

I've had the iOS 6 betas on my iPad since beta 1 and only just put the Gold Master on my iPhone and I have to say I'm blown away by the quality of the maps, sure, the Dublin zoo POI is quite inaccurate but the newness of the imagery is from within the last 2-3 months. Fade Street in Dublin (for those of you who know) only got reworked there recently with new sidewalks and trees. These are in the flyover imagery in the maps app.

Stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One thing I'm not sure of - is Google maps going to be removed? I know Apple are introducing their new propierty mapping software in IO6 but will that mean Google maps is removed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

One thing I'm not sure of - is Google maps going to be removed? I know Apple are introducing their new propierty mapping software in IO6 but will that mean Google maps is removed?

Yes, not 'going to be', it is. As is YouTube but Google are working on their own maps app.
    Their YouTube app is available now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmmm. That's really going to put me off updating now, anything I've read about IOS maps suggests that it's nowhere near as good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Google maps has also been automatically replaced, without an app update in Apps that use maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hmmm. That's really going to put me off updating now, anything I've read about IOS maps suggests that it's nowhere near as good.

apple maps actually look better in my opinion.
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Google maps has also been automatically replaced, without an app update in Apps that use maps.

that's because they are using apple's mapkit set of classes, so if tomorrow apple pushed a newer maps update with nokia as the mapping partner every app would work as they should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

People really should read back on the thread before commenting.

Apple have replaced Google Maps with their own version of Maps. It has a lot of the same functionality except Street View. But also still lacks a lot of the detail the Google version has. It will get better in time. Apple have also removed the YouTube app from the iPhone. However Google said they are working on their own version of both apps, one of which (YouTube) is already available to download from the App Store now. They'll eventually release Google Maps for iPhone and an iPad version of the YouTube app too. For now we have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AltGr

So how long before we start getting these?

Took me all of 3 minutes, I cannot imagine many of the carriers will be that quick.

img09571.png

Give it a try yourself on http://www.passtools.com
    (I have no affiliation)

Rgds
    AltGr

I get no icon for flyover on my 4S.
    Had no problems updating either.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement