Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit refund

Options
  • 13-09-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Ho Folks,

I paid for a course Wednesday and on the Thursday asked to get a refund. I have been told it has been refunded onto my account. Nothing is on my online banking. Would I be right to guess that its like a cheque - 3-5 working days before I see it in my account??

cheers,

meta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi metamorphsis,
    Once the merchant fully process the refund, it will show on your current account. It can take a minimum of 3 working days.

I hope this answers your question.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

I don't see how that answers the question.

You say it'll take a 'minimum of three days'... so it'll be at least three days. It cannot happen in one day, or two days,.. three days is the minimum.
    Is there a maximum period of time it might take? Five days perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi JoeBallantine,

It can take a minimum of three days. We would not be aware of what the maximum timeframe would be as it depends on how the merchant actions the refund. If you are waiting on a refund, you would be best to contact the retailer to see how the refund was processed.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement