Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nigel Kennedy - NCH, 19th Sept 2012

Options
  • 13-09-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

http://www.nch.ie/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=4171E7C8-C9BC-4AAC-9DF3-AAF24D81DE37

Room: Main Auditorium
    Prices: €65, €55, €45, €30, €25 (Choir Balcony)
    10% discount for Groups of 10 or more
    20% discount for Friends of the National Concert Hall

Nigel Kennedy, violin
    Jarek Smietana, guitar
    Yaron Stavi, bass
    Krzysztof Dziedzic, drum
    Leap through time with virtuoso violinist Nigel Kennedy in a stunning musical programme that takes on Baroque and Jazz back to back.

Opening with Bach for solo violin, Kennedy then switches mode with his own startling arrangements of jazz legend Fats Waller’s works.

With an all-embracing repertoire that ranges from little known Polish violin concertos to the music of Jimi Hendrix, Kennedy, whose accolades include Outstanding Contribution to British Music and Male Artist of the Year at the UK Brit Awards, has never ceased to surprise audiences with his ingenious programming since he burst on to the scene with his best selling 1989 recording of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons.

"Playing Bach and Fats Waller on one show is a dream for me - two amazing keyboard players, both masters of harmony and melody" – Nigel Kennedy.

Presented by The National Concert Hall

Gutted I missed this, little or no tickets left, only at the 65 euro mark which is hugely disappointing, only found out about it today. Always somebody I really want to see. If anyone is going, enjoy it, it'll be a really great show.

Advertisement