Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card / Crossfire Problem

Options
  • 13-09-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

As I was just updating my signature, I noticed in my CPU-Z validation that my crossfire isn't working properly. I bought the second card last year and didn't really notice a big jump in performance although I wasn't sure how much I should anyway. Looking at the validation now though, it looks like the old, original card is only running at a fraction of what it should be i.e. the core is at 156MHz and the RAM is at 300MHz whereas they should be at 850MHz and 1200MHz respectively.

CPU-Z_Validation.png

I have also checked an older CPU-Z valuidataion and it is showing the same values. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks,
    f_b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

It's normal for the card to downclock when not playing games.

Download gpu-z and watch a video on youtube or something.. the speed should go up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

spix wrote: »
    It's normal for the card to downclock when not playing games.

Download gpu-z and watch a video on youtube or something.. the speed should go up

Really? Cool, I'll check that out and post again if there is still a problem.

Thanks!

Advertisement