Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good doctor in Balbriggan/Skerries

Options
  • 13-09-2012 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a good doctor in Balbriggan/Skerries area. Not happy with mine and preferably looking for a doctor who can deal with anxiety issues as mine seems to turn a blind eye to anything anxiety related. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Very fond of my GP. Has always looked after me really well. I travel to Balbriggan from Skerries for him if that's any indication. Connor McGrane in the Bracken clinic - (01)8416000.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've heard nothing but good things about Dr McGrane, both on Boards and elsewhere. I will declare an interest though, as he is a personal friend.

He is not actually my GP though - I use the Windmill Surgery in Skerries, and again would wholeheartedly recommend the doctors there (although cannot comment specifically on their skills on anxiety issues).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm specifically looking for a doctor who can deal with anxiety issues so if anyone has dealt with the above docs regarding anxiety i would welcome any feedback. Feel free to pm either

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ilovesmoothies

Hi, I am from Balbriggan but I go to Lusk to see a doctor. His name is Doctor John Philpot. He is absolutely brilliant with issues around anxiety and depression. If he is not there I would for Dr Susan Keenan who is head of the practice. Here is a link to the page. When you ring specifically ask for Dr Philpot as its a very busy clinic and you might be given another doctor. I hope this helps.

http://www.fingalclinic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Another vote for Susan Keenan in Lusk. She used to sit in Naul and that is where I used to go to her. I'm gutted she left. Lusk is just that bit far for me. I never had anxiety issues so I can't really comment on that but I found her excellent for both myself and my kids whenever I needed her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I go to Conor McGrane in the Bracken Clinic and could not recommend him highly enough.

He is a very good doctor but he is also very gentle and calm in his manner and I would imagine would be great with anxiety related issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

ElleEm wrote: »
    I go to Conor McGrane in the Bracken Clinic and could not recommend him highly enough.

He is a very good doctor but he is also very gentle and calm in his manner and I would imagine would be great with anxiety related issues.

I would agree with this, but I have never been to him regarding anxiety specifically, nor do I know anyone who has so I've no direct experience.

Unfortunately Dr McGrane is off today so going to Dr Ferguson instead. Hope he can sort me out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Dr McGrane is off today so going to Dr Ferguson instead. Hope he can sort me out :)
    Oh he's lovely too!!!!

Can anyone tell me where the Bracken Clinic is located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where the Bracken Clinic is located?
    It is directly across the road from the Mill Race bar and next door to Cronin's Pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Pipmae wrote: »
    It is directly across the road from the Mill Race bar and next door to Cronin's Pharmacy.

Not to split hairs, its next to the pharmacy alright, but its directly accross from the white hart inn. Opposite the millrace is the courthouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I know the op (hopefully) got sorted,but for those who use the search facility, but again another big thumbs up for Conor Mc Grane.
    Had a rough year last year and with the death of my mother earlier this year was nothing but sympathetic and understanding.

Thanks to everyone who suggested the Bracken clinic. Saw Dr Ferguson and found him to be excellent. Didn't feel rushed and found he listened not like another doctor in Balbriggan who i thought spent more time trying to be cool than actually listening to me

Can anyone tell me the cost of a follow up appointment?

Advertisement