Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses from UL to Cork

• 13-09-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Is there a bus that runs directly from campus to somewhere in Cork city? If so, can you please tell me what days and times it runs at?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Not sure about Limerick to Cork, but I do know you'll have to get a bus from the campus to city centre first, then from there to Cork. From what I can see, you're looking at the 51 or 53.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NiaBlack

Thank you! I don't know my way around Limerick though... Do you know if it's a long walk from where the bus would drop me in town to the bus station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Decryptor wrote: »
    Not sure about Limerick to Cork, but I do know you'll have to get a bus from the campus to city centre first, then from there to Cork. From what I can see, you're looking at the 51 or 53.

53 don't exist in reality- so it's just the 51
    NiaBlack wrote: »
    Thank you! I don't know my way around Limerick though... Do you know if it's a long walk from where the bus would drop me in town to the bus station?

Tell the driver you're going to the station and he'll let you off on the second last stop- 5 min walk to the station from there. Make sure you don't get the 308A though as that goes in Clare St

There must be a private bus from UL to Cork- if you ask in the SU they'll know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ChickenZombie

061 313333 = Bus enquiries

Not sure if the limerick to cork bus stops in ul as it comes from galway... SU are your best bet... ask there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I get the 51 :)
    Limerick to Cork,
    Though I get off at Mallow,
    I'm assuming it's all normal bus behaviour after the Mallow stop though :P
    Yeah if you get the 308 and get off outside a long grey building once you're deep into the city,
    Just turn the corner and keep walking dead ahead til you're eventually outside bus/train station.
    If you do end up getting the 308A or missing the second to last stop,
    Then just walk up and right until you get onto horizontal main road.
    Then keep going right til you reach bus station.
    Few trips and you'll have it off :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Just to let y'all know that the 308 is the 304 as of today!

the 51 from Cork last night was "non-stop" and took me all the way to the campus from Cork city...

so there're some different ones that service the uin, maybe Fridays and Saturdays... must check SU - I'll post back details.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Just to let y'all know that the 308 is the 304 as of today!

Took me the bones of 12 months to finally memorize the routes as well...
    Why fix something that isn't broken!

from the east gate carpark ul to cork, fridays... 15.05 & 17.05
    from cork station to ul, sundays... 18.25 19.25

the 51 has multiple other services, but these serve ul...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NiaBlack

Wow, thank you so much for all your help! Sorry I didn't back to ye sooner! Nice to know I'm not going to be stranded here on a Friday evening XD

• Advertisement
Advertisement