Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you like to see in the next elder scrolls games?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

chanste wrote: »
    I'd love to see them completely revamp the control system to something like that in Assassin's Creed. That's probably blasphemy on this forum but as much as I love Elder Scrolls, sword fighting in it is ridiculous. If you actually help the guards in Skyrim when a vampire or someone attacks them, you may hit one of the guards by mistake and have a bounty on your head, this made worse because if you don't help them the bad guys can kill a necessary NPC.

While I think everyone would agree that the combat mechanics in the game are not up to scratch I personally would not choose a AC style.

Played the 1st AC game (got sick of its repetitive gameplay but thats besides the point) and one thing that really bugged me was the fighting in it..

Surrounded by 6 enemies.. yet only one of them (maybe 2 :eek:) would attack you at once and the rest would just stand there and politely wait their turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

chanste wrote: »
    I'd love to see them completely revamp the control system to something like that in Assassin's Creed. That's probably blasphemy on this forum but as much as I love Elder Scrolls, sword fighting in it is ridiculous. If you actually help the guards in Skyrim when a vampire or someone attacks them, you may hit one of the guards by mistake and have a bounty on your head, this made worse because if you don't help them the bad guys can kill a necessary NPC.

To be fair, you do get a warning or two. It is extremely annoying, all the same. Wielding Mehrune's Razor when accidental hits occur does nothing to improve the situation. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Cargin

GodlessM wrote: »
    Which is what has made the Elder Scrolls games so popular. New Vegas fell flat on its ass because the quests were so connected the game almost became linear. There's was no exploration to be had because you were always directed exactly where to go next.

Clearly you and I have had very different experiences of New Vegas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

One thing I don't like about Skyrim is the repetitive nature of quests. Almost all go along the lines of:

"I need you to go to cave/dungeon and get staff/amulet"

Surely more variety can be entered. Like, why aren't there any games? Win an archery contest, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Barbarian25

Most of the quests in Skyrim involve Dungeon plunging as it's a console port. Less power means less graphics able to be rendered so dungeons and caves are easier for the GPU. As for archery contests... the closest is when you get a few lessons from Angi which will, if used early, bump up your archery skills after each lesson.

• Advertisement

Most of the quests in Skyrim involve Dungeon plunging as it's a console port. Less power means less graphics able to be rendered so dungeons and caves are easier for the GPU. As for archery contests... the closest is when you get a few lessons from Angi which will, if used early, bump up your archery skills after each lesson.

So, actual games would add something, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I would love to see it developed specifically for P.C and then ported to consoles but that's never going to happen. Huge pitched battles with hundreds of NPCs would also be really cool but would drive the hardware requirements through the roof, so that's unlikely too imo.

I think the game would definitely benefit from a character care system where you have to eat, drink, sleep. Your character should also have to wear warm clothing in cold areas. Also, why did they ditch the weapon and armor degrading system for skyrim? Your weapons and armor never degraded like they did in Oblivion. +1 for bringing back the arena, that was one of the best parts of Oblivion.

I would be amazed if they could make a game that didn't crash every time you open a door. Level 30 is the furthest I could make before this pickle makes the game unplayable.

One can dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I would be amazed if they could make a game that didn't crash every time you open a door. Level 30 is the furthest I could make before this pickle makes the game unplayable.

One can dream....

Never experienced this myself

Peetrik wrote: »
    Never experienced this myself

Google it, very common.

• Advertisement

I think that horses are quite useless in Skyrim (not sure about other ES series), which is a great shame, given the setting. For me, Red Dead Redemption absolutely nailed horseback riding, it was both fun and practical. TES should take note.

So, hopefully horses improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What is wrong with the horses in skyrim exactly?

MadYaker wrote: »
    What is wrong with the horses in skyrim exactly?

Walking/Running is only slightly worse than horse riding. The speed difference is barely noticeable. Attacking while on horseback is awkward, you are better off running away.

As I said, RDR made horse riding fun, practical and advantageous. Skyrim horse riding is none of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I think they would benefit from looking at the gameplay of mount&blade, integrating the speed bonus to damage from weapons like lances etc.

In my experience with the game, I simply have no use for horses. That is their failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

I only found horses useful at the start of the game (same in Oblivion) to explore the map, find the major towns and then I could fast travel.

Advertisement