Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera with canadian warranty?

Options
  • 13-09-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just received a canon s100 that I ordered from Amazon. However, it seems to be a canadian import (it says canada on the bottom of the camera). Yet it has the uk plug???

More importantly - the warranty leaflet only suggests registering it with the canadian or US websites? Am I screwed? Does this mean I cannot register with canon UK and effectivley have no warranty?

THanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Hi Ripcord.

I googled your query and found another discussion here

Its like your query and the main points are..

Canon in Europe are not legally bound into accepting the Canadian warranty.

A Canon agent in Europe may accept the Warranty as a courtesy. You would need to contact the agent directly. to find out.

Canon in Canada will have to honour the warrently and will cost you the price of P & P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Your contract is with Amazon. I'm pretty sure you take any warranty issues up with them.

Advertisement