Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Present - Sisters wedding only four weeks away

Options
  • 13-09-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi All,

I need advice on buying a wedding present for my sister and her fiancee. Their wedding is only four weeks away and they are not providing a wedding list, and haven't asked for cash etc.

They did up their apartment last year, so are not really in need of any furniture or furnishings. I don't want to get them a non specific voucher, as that always looks like you've put in very little thought into the idea.

I'm hoping one of the regular contributors here can help provide me with inspiration.

Thanks in anticipation.

Past30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Past30Now wrote: »
    Hi All,

I need advice on buying a wedding present for my sister and her fiancee. Their wedding is only four weeks away and they are not providing a wedding list, and haven't asked for cash etc.

They did up their apartment last year, so are not really in need of any furniture or furnishings. I don't want to get them a non specific voucher, as that always looks like you've put in very little thought into the idea.

I'm hoping one of the regular contributors here can help provide me with inspiration.

Thanks in anticipation.

Past30

It should be said that she is a great girl and deserves all the happiness coming to her.

It should also be said that if I don't get a really good answer, I'll post here until the mods chuck me off the site.

Regards,

Past30

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

How about buying them a nice car? I hear Brera's are nice, but Masarati's are even nicer!

It's lovely that you're putting the research in, she's lucky to have a brother like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yes a Masarati would be good, she would be very pleased with that..

Well you are a little vague, when you say she done her apartment up, what kind of style does she like is it vintage, new age, fancy dancy... Does she like photos etc..

info is always good, failing that get the Masarati :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lustrum

How about giving her a link to this thread as a present, so she can see that you thought about getting her a Maserati!

The Maserati is a brilliant idea, but would cause her a problem as I don't think she has the extra car space. Maybe a Matchbox Maserati.

Showing her this thread and getting her to reply with a more sensible idea than a Maserati or Brera is probably the best plan.

The comment about her luck at having a brother like me is overstated slightly. I'm just hoping for inspiration at this stage. Only 23 days to go...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Have they the honeymoon sorted, you could contribute to that maybe? Or book them a weekend away in ireland at Xmas?

madalig12 wrote: »
    Or book them a weekend away in ireland at Xmas?

That is a good idea. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jeanadamz

If your not limited with some kind of budget, you can give them a ticket for a nice place they wanted to go or a vacation package will do. If cash limits you, you can give them decorations at their new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

A nice tasteful oil painting of the two of you in the bath aged under 5!

Maggie 2 wrote: »
    A nice tasteful oil painting of the two of you in the bath aged under 5!

Way too big an age gap for that to be comfortable, but thanks for the suggestion:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement